The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I definitely dig Chongqing, Sapienza, Dartmoor, Miami and Hokkaido.
Those are maps I mindlessly wander around and explore.

I actually like ALOT of the maps.
Think the train one might be the only one thats kinda "eh" to me,
especially since I got the Goldballer now.

I try not to ding certain maps, like Hawks bay because it goes along with the story
Like the map for Berlin is ok, but I hella like the title Apex Predator
and taking down rival agents with no support.
Thats definitely a mission theme
I wouldn't mind being transplanted into the bond game
Berlin is definitely a "mood" setter level for me
gets my headspace into the game I'm playing

What about you?

I did my first elusive target,
actually killed him and then got caught up at the exit:stoneface: :lol:
Paris, Sapienza hitman 1
Miami, Sgail hitman 2
Berlin, Mendoza hitman 3
I don’t mind New Zealand. there’s a cool kill in the map where you can walk her to the beach at gun point and force her to drown herself. Also hiding in the closet till they fall asleep and suffocating her with a pillow is pretty cool :lol:

Not going to be in the market for an SSD snytime soon.

No problems managing the current storage. Like someone said, you can buy another PS5 for your man cave or living room.

There will be deals on Black Friday though for those who can wait a bit,

Paris, Sapienza hitman 1
Miami, Sgail hitman 2
Berlin, Mendoza hitman 3
I don’t mind New Zealand. there’s a cool kill in the map where you can walk her to the beach at gun point and force her to drown herself. Also hiding in the closet till they fall asleep and suffocating her with a pillow is pretty cool :lol:

I know what I'm doing today!

Went on a little trip through Vermont/NH, saw the beautiful outdoors, saw random smoke through the trees and made me wanna restart RDR2. Game is pretty to look at, but damn i dont think i can replay this slow *** game, just opening drawers and searching cabinets is a chore.

Gonna cop Reternal from the sale, waiting for GG:Strive to go on sale. Wish PS5 had Flight Sim forreal tho.

Went on a little trip through Vermont/NH, saw the beautiful outdoors, saw random smoke through the trees and made me wanna restart RDR2. Game is pretty to look at, but damn i dont think i can replay this slow *** game, just opening drawers and searching cabinets is a chore.

Gonna cop Reternal from the sale, waiting for GG:Strive to go on sale. Wish PS5 had Flight Sim forreal tho.

Any time I revisit RDR I just end up riding around on my horse because everything else kinda sucks.

After playing these 60fps games, it’s very hard going back to RDR2. I wish R* would patch it

• Fresnel OLED screens
  • 2000 x 2040 per eye
  • 4K HDR display
  • FOV 110
  • Eyetracking (Sony will refer to Foveated Rendering as "FSR/Flexible Scaling Resolution")
  • Haptics in headset (and controllers), haptics in headset will help reduce motion sickness
  • Controllers come bundled with headset
  • Focus on AAA titles
  • Hybrid games playable on flatscreen or PSVR2, download only what you need
  • No mention of BC, but big push for remastered PSVR1 games
  • Launch details will be announced in early 2022

Everything I wanted is ticked off. Eyetracking, foveated rendering and a move to have more hybrid games like RE is everything I wanted.

With just two weeks to go until Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut, we wanted to talk about what’s next for Legends*. As always, just like all Legends content, every update detailed below will be available at no additional charge to owners of any version of Ghost of Tsushima on PS4 or PS5, with no Director’s Cut purchase required. Players on PS4 and PS5 will also be able to play together seamlessly, and progression in Legends carries over regardless of which console you’re playing on.

First, today we’re excited to reveal Rivals, an all-new mode coming to Ghost of Tsushima: Legends on September 3 (including new Trophies and cosmetics!). In Rivals, two teams of two will compete to defeat waves of enemies. With each defeated foe, you’ll collect Magatama that you can use to harm the other team. For example, you can spend Magatama on Shades to block your opponents’ purchases, Curses (health drain, exploding bodies, etc), Hwacha fire, and more. Once you’ve spent enough Magatama, you’ll unlock Final Stand waves. Complete these before the opposing team to win!

Second, at the same time Rivals launches, we’ll be releasing the Gear Mastery system.

This is a new expansion of the progression systems and rewards for Legends. Players who’ve earned 110-level gear will now be able to bind it to a class and activate “Mastery Challenges.” This will allow a piece of gear’s Ki level to be upgraded to 120 and eventually unlock a second perk slot! As you activate Mastery Challenges, you can also unlock a new Ability and new Techniques for each class.

Starting on August 20 (release date of Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut), we’re also releasing an update that will add new features to Legends, including some changes based on feedback from the community. We’ve rebalanced the Survival mode to shorten the session length and added new weekly Survival Nightmare challenge variants. We’ve also unlocked additional cosmetics in Legends for players who’ve earned them in Jin’s story and New Game+.

I finished Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster and got all the Steam achievements. 17 hours. I might skip Final Fantasy II and got straight to III since I've yet to beat that one. Final Fantasy IV releasing Aug 19 :smokin
FF I 100.PNG

Probably a good choice.

FFII is a bit of a slog at times. But I'd be happy to do so WHEN IT IS RELEASED ON CONSOLE, SQUARE-ENIX.

:lol:

Sale finally got me, picked up Valhalla, Miles Morales, Kingdoms of Amalur, and Kingdom Come: Deliverance .

Started Valhalla, and I made the mistake of binging "Norsemen" on Netflix, so I cant get that show out of my head when they are talking. If you haven't give it a shot. It's a Viking comedy, pretty dry humor but something about it is hilarious.

I thought the haptics in the PSVR2 headset was for immersion but apparently it's to help with motion sickness.

This is Carmack talking about it.

A study about it:

Sony has a patent for it as well

I don't see why it won't work for boxing games or if you got headshot in a FPS but good news for those who get motion sickness with VR.

PSVR2 is making the first gen headset look like a toy.

Back
Top Bottom