The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

How is it?
Heard so many good things about it.

It's out in China now and some US users were able to find the update for US so should be rolling out soon I would think.

The update brings in VRR (Variable Refresh Rate.) and ALLM.
VRR basically syncs the framerate of the game with the refresh rate of the TV so it means games that aren't locked at a framerate won't have screen tearing and judder and will still be relatively smooth.

https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1633063112

Says that the first update is on the 6th but we should wait on the second update later this year due to the first possibly having bugs.

https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1633063112

Says that the first update is on the 6th but we should wait on the second update later this year due to the first possibly having bugs.

Oh it's going to be 2 updates. Interesting.
People were reporting that the update disables local auto dimming so maybe this might fix it but good to know theres official dates for the rest of the world.

This bring me hope:

You can do it and reserve the internal drive for future games that won't work on the expansion drive.

If you want to avoid shuffling though, you're better off with one that ticks all the specs which will save you the hassle in future.

Last edited:
Man I so damn close to getting the platinum trophy for GoT.

But damn this trophy: Favor of the Kami: Find and honor all of the Shinto Shrines on Tsushima.

These are not fun to do.

Also the damn Bamboo strike challenges . When you get to the 3rd challenge on each of them and have to press like 10 buttons man:

200.gif

I might be the only one that wasn’t in awe of God of War. The game isn’t one of the GOATS to me and was pretty linear 🤷🏻‍♂️

I thought it was very good and honestly it was way less linear than all the GoW’s before it.

I actually prefer the hack n slash ones and fear they won’t be back but I can’t deny GoW was good.

I prefer more linear games these days. Why I tend to play way more indie games now

I might be the only one that wasn’t in awe of God of War. The game isn’t one of the GOATS to me and was pretty linear 🤷🏻‍♂️

Seems like you just prefer open world games, which is fine, but God of War is objectively a great game.

I still think GoW3 is better due to the boss fights, but GoW 2018 is incredible.

Just started DS: Director's Cut... game is beautiful.

Gonna beat it this time, I had way too much fun exploring on the PS4 version and never got anything done, :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m sure most people on here know this but if you’re going to try to get a PS5 from a store’s website have a profile with payment method set up. Also don’t give up until the add to cart button goes away. I got mine from Walmart by spamming the add to cart button even tho it kept telling me that it’s out of stock.

it’s crazy that people are still having this hard of a time getting one. Did this happen with any of the previous PlayStations?

No. But none launched during a pandemic, where just about any type of production was limited. It (the PS5) is also the followup to one of the most successful consoles of all time. The hype has been real. Reselling is a job like OF right now.

I DID NOT pre-order one (bad mistake). But I was able to order one on launch day. And I was able to get another. Your options are to be plugged into the right twitter or discord or just pay resell. I don't think the production issues will go away in the next year. Yes, it's sold 10 million consoles, which is great. But it's definitely highly sought after. Can't wait till we can get past this weird transition period.

Black Friday will definitely be an opportunity. Obviously, the Brick and Mortars randomly get them. And then there are those "big" release/camping dates at Best Buy/Target/Walmart.

I’m sure most people on here know this but if you’re going to try to get a PS5 from a store’s website have a profile with payment method set up. Also don’t give up until the add to cart button goes away. I got mine from Walmart by spamming the add to cart button even tho it kept telling me that it’s out of stock.

it’s crazy that people are still having this hard of a time getting one. Did this happen with any of the previous PlayStations?

PS2 launch was limited and hard to get. A lot of non gamers wanted it just because it had a DVD drive in it and was cheaper than a DVD stand alone player at the time. I wasn't able to get one until Spring 2001 and yeah even back then Gamsetsop was shady and was doing forced bundles like they still do today.

PS3 launch was crazy limited because Sony was having problems producing them because of the Blu-Ray drive also. I went a crazy launch night line up where it was like a scene from Jack A*S at Circuit City where people where racing just for spot on the wall stores. Retail stores only got like around 20 or 30 PS3 60GB or 20GB units to sell on launch.

PS4 launch was so easy from pre ordering and just walking into Best Buy to come by and pick up on launch date.

Last edited:
Anyone got any PS3/4 games that have appreciated in price.

Just had a look on eBay and Folklore and Puppeteer are going for more than I bought them for.
With PS3 being so segregated, it might be worth hanging on to some of these games. Same for the limtied prints on PS4 like Gravity Rush remastered.

Cerny redeemed :lol:
That must look wild on an 8K TV

Damn, the timer starts from when you start the download. Dial up brehs won't like this.
It's a good idea though and 5 to 6 hours even with the download time is very generous.

Still don't know why PS Now doesn't have this capability.

Got the WD Black expandable storage delivered. Will install it soon. I have to start playing FIFA and 2K soon but I just keep playing MLB the Show. I gave up on Deathloop but it is what it is.

Back
Top Bottom