The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Back on this... so NFTs have to be digital, right? Cuz at a mall here, they had a physical NFT art gallery and I was so confused. 🤷‍♂️

The metadata about the NFT is on the blockchain so that's digital.
The picture, photo or art, is stored outside the blockchain, usually on a cloud server because of file size so the metadata will point to a URL where the image is stored.

Something like this:
1642774807404.png

Physical NFT art galleries are just displaying the image either in a digital frame or could even be a print but all the info about the NFT itself like who owns it and other attributes are on the blockchain and since a blockchain is basically a ledger that can't be altered by bad actors. You're able to verify ownership of the NFT and no one can change that unless you lose access to your wallet or got phished.

That's why the NFTs that all the famous celebs are buying acts like an ID for some sort of country club because they can verify that they own it and get whatever perks they're entitled to from owning it. Anyone can right click and save the picture but only one person can verify that they own it.

There are even restautants opening up where you can only book a table if you own the restaurants NFT :lol:

Last edited:

This just sounds to me like, we will honour all existing contracts but once they're over its curtains for COD on PS.
Same reason why Deathloop is still an exclusive even though its a Bethesda game.

Its a fluid situation though and there's many directions they can go. Will MS play the long game and eat the cost to drive value to Gamepass and the console itself or will revenue be the main driver and keep it multiplatform while giving Xbox players more perks like in the 360 days.

70 Billion is a lot of money to spend on a publisher and then remove one of its biggest revenue streams. I might have to listen to one of those investor meetings. This is getting juicy.

Microsoft is basically Thanos collecting all the infinity stones and this console war is looking like Infinity war.

There's no single benefit of M$ leaving COD off of Playstation consoles. they stand to win the CONTENT war (which is far more important than the console war) by allowing more people to play their IPs. Money is money. COD will stay multiplatform.

Why was anyone thinking otherwise lol

Money is money

Apple has samsung components in their phones

Your competitor can help you

Honor all existing agreements = going to make COD that are contractually obligated to make.

Desire to keep COD on Playstation = after the contracts are over, "Though we desired to keep COD on playstation, ultimately we couldn't reach a new agreement. All future COD's will be exclusive to xbox/pc/ gamepass"

At best, Warzone will continue until there are enough gamepass subs to cut it loose.

There's no single benefit of M$ leaving COD off of Playstation consoles. they stand to win the CONTENT war (which is far more important than the console war) by allowing more people to play their IPs. Money is money. COD will stay multiplatform.

Why is Starfield exlcusive?
Why not put halo, gears, and forza on Playstation? It's more people playing their IP's afterall.

thats kinda disappointing since COD is one of the few games i play all the time along with 2k... hopefully it will stay cross platform... i still play cold war because i cant get down with vanguard

Honor all existing agreements = going to make COD that are contractually obligated to make.

Desire to keep COD on Playstation = after the contracts are over, "Though we desired to keep COD on playstation, ultimately we couldn't reach a new agreement. All future COD's will be exclusive to xbox/pc/ gamepass"

At best, Warzone will continue until there are enough gamepass subs to cut it loose.

Just dont see it happening, having it on playstation puts more money in Microsoft pockets

Why not put halo, gears, and forza on Playstation? It's more people playing their IP's afterall.

Starfield isn't a subscription based massive multiplayer online game with a prebuilt fan base in the 100s of millions. It's an RPG.
Halo, doesn't have nearly the fan span of COD nor the customer base to make it make sense. Putting Halo on PS wouldn't increase those numbers nearly enough to justify it not being a console exclusive.
Gears died after 4 and it was ALWAYS a niche game. Trust me I know I used to be the #2 rated player in the world.

Call of Duty is an already established IP (more so on Playstation than anything) that makes financial sense to continue to let it thrive in it's community. Think Minecraft.

Call of Duty is an already established IP (more so on Playstation than anything) that makes financial sense to continue to let it thrive in it's community. Think Minecraft.

That's Warzone. Warzone for PS players, mainline COD to drive gamepass subs. Gamepass subs are more important to MS than COD playstation sales in the long run.

Leaving COD off PS could mean a lot of players migrating to Xbox as their first or only console of choice.
That will mean higher console sales, more gamepass subs and more third party titles sold on XB so more revenue from games and DLC which can offset some of the cost of gamepass.

Once they've captured enough market share then...

1642777410478.png

Same playbook as Office 365

Like I said before though, there's multiple directions they can take this. They will eventually have 32 studios making games under a $15/month sub and just dropped 70 billion in cash so it won't surprise me if games stay on PlayStation because waiting for the effects of buying Activision and Bethesda to kick in is going to take a long time. It will be like turning an oil tanker around.

It can be a mix and blend of the two. Keep some games exclusive and leave some multiplatform but if I had to pick, I would say they're going for the jugular.

What are the odds we ever see Gamepass on Playstation?

I know its not realistic, but it cant be 0.

That's definitely Microsoft's endgame and I think it's realistic because they're going to own all the 3rd party content, :lol:

The Spartacus reveal should just be Sony announcing that Gamepass will now be on PS5, because w/e plans they had for it are most likely going to be trash compared to what Gamepass offers.

What are the odds we ever see Gamepass on Playstation?

I know its not realistic, but it cant be 0.

I say not likely because it would only function as a streaming service. There won't be native PS versions of MS 1st party games.

Gamepass will be a TV app or firestick type device. It runs on web browsers and mobile already, so a PS app seems unnecessary.

Spartacus value will be from old games. Sony are never doing day 1 releases so its the back catalogue that would add value to the service.
Combine PS+ and PS Now and get more PS1 and PS2 games onto the service.

I can't see Sony making Spider-Man 2 free on a sub and then have to pay Marvel their cut as well.

Gotta have some exclusive IP to make extra money by having the consumer buy your console.

If not MS would've never done the Xbox and just been a game publisher that mainly focused on PC.

MS is not as strict as say Nintendo. Them dudes actually care and are proud about their legacy. Mad territorial.
just get an Xbox if you want to play those games. That simple b
Or a PC.

I think gamepass will be on PlayStation one day Microsoft doesn’t see PlayStation as competition their competitors are Amazons Luna and googles stadia …didn’t they say something like that?

Back
Top Bottom