The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I didn't have a PS1 back in the day. I already had a Nintendo 64 and my mom wouldn't get me a PS1.

The first PS1 game I played at a homies house was FFVII, and GT2 on his chipped and modded PS1 with burnt games on cd-r's :lol:

Only true OGs know what's up...

s-l400.jpg

I used to stay with my sisters on the weekend since my mom was single and worked, so Saturday nights theyd have a bowling league which meant I got to go to blockbuster and pick some movies and a game to play on their PlayStation. I think my first ever was one of the Jet Moto games or Tekken. Lawd those were the days, not a cage in the world besides being scared someone was gonna break in and kill me :lol:

1649194028396.png

Think this is the first game I played on ps1. I’d be at my older cousin’s room as he was letting DMX rock on this. I was an N64 kid, at the time ps seemed like the teen/adult console with games like RE2, bushido blade, etc.

1649194144876.jpeg
Jet moto was my 1st game on ps1

I’m basic so just been melee bleed. First play through was bloodhound fang + dismounter with bleed ash. Dropping the shield for power stancing made the game much funner for me. Started an ng+ with moonveil and the optional endgame boss’s katana, feels like easy mode with katanas. I’d love to have the stats for a dual colossal hammer or something though :lol:

How was endgame on ng+. Did you find bosses doable without mimic and if so what was your build? And method to git gud enough? I was getting demolished on NG end game without summons.

What tf ah you doods talkin abt and can you teach me this lingo. I have zero idea what I’m doing in elden ring it’s like that meme with the dog trying to drive. That one always cracks me up! I have that sheep thing he rides, I followed some utube video abt I did something with the runes I dunno. I wanna see all the different worlds but have zero idea not only what farming is but how to do it. Etc etc

Basically how do I find that margret boss everyone’s yappin abt I want to try fighting it. I’m at lvl 21? Maybe 22

Twisted Metal
NBA In The Zone
Warhawk

Warhawk. What was that flying game on Panasonic 3DO? It always reminded me of warhawk

But neva played Warhawk. Didn’t they do Warhawk online on like ps3? I think that’s the only time
I tried it but wasn’t really feelin it.

Only flyin games I could get into was a stah warhs flya or ah ummm whachta mabuzzit, ace combat. Ohhh I’ve had two maybe three ace games since PS 2 but such a dope sreries. The newest one’s all anime but whateva. I don’t really play it but def. appreciate it.

first game played on PS1, Tekken.

other PS1 games played, Dragonball GT, Smackdown, WWF Wrestlemania, FF7, FF8, FF9, Dino Crisis 1/2, Parasite Eve 1/2, Fatal Fury Wild Ambition, Twisted Metal, Monster Rancher, Chocobo Racing, Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill, Tony Hawk Pro Skater, Armored Core, Gundam (forgot which one but it's not a fighting game and had the RX-78-2 as a starting mech). RE1, RE2, Tomb Raider, Syndicate Wars, NHL 2000, NFS, DOA, Children of the Atom, Virtua Fighter, SpiderMan, XCOM Terror from the Deep, Chrono Cross. and others...

Was working @ 15 1/2 years old. Single Ma Dukes said to meet her halfway on the PS1. Stacked it up quickly and went to cop late on a Saturday after the barbershop closed. Just had enough for the console and one game.

After placing the console in the cart, couldn't decide on a game mostly due to limited finances and being limited to one title.

While shopping around I found a few titles in the wrong clear plastic anti-theft box and they were priced incorrectly at $15.

So was blessed with a cool cashier and left with the console and two games + the demo to start. Ridge Racer was one of them and can't remember the 2nd. I just know it wasn't something I'd been anticipating, just scooped because of the price error.

Great memories. Cheers.

sidebar - My PS2 story almost required a call to the police, lmao.

Was working @ 15 1/2 years old. Single Ma Dukes said to meet her halfway on the PS1. Stacked it up quickly and went to cop late on a Saturday after the barbershop closed. Just had enough for the console and one game.

After placing the console in the cart, couldn't decide on a game mostly due to limited finances and being limited to one title.

While shopping around I found a few titles in the wrong clear plastic anti-theft box and they were priced incorrectly at $15.

So was blessed with a cool cashier and left with the console and two games + the demo to start. Ridge Racer was one of them and can't remember the 2nd. I just know it wasn't something I'd been anticipating, just scooped because of the price error.

Great memories. Cheers.

sidebar - My PS2 story almost required a call to the police, lmao.
great memories indeed. fun times when actual gamers and people were actually cool to play cross-platform for the sake of playing games. nowadays, we have to contend with Puberts arguing which hair is longer than the other. love those times visiting some friends moving from one place to the other one's place to hangout. one has a PS console, the others have N64, Dreamcast and PC.

i remember my fam knew a friend who knew a friends friend or something like that to secure a ps2 during the week it released. Their son worked at Walmart or something. I was hyped as hell. I knew it was something special. I was young but i remember my family friend saying no guarantees/ gonna be sold out/ hype is crazy for it. The feeling of pulling up ssx on that first day after that startup sound. Incredible

When I bought my PS5, I had a chuckle, because I can distinctly remember myself, sitting in front of my freshly connected PS1, PS2, PS3, and PS4 and always thinking the same thing;

"Video games will never look better than this."

Best is seeing a screen cap of nba 2k3 or something and look at it today and say “it’s so realistic” 😂

💰💰💰
I just got, at least, 3mn from my previously completed Circuit Experience laps. 😮

Back
Top Bottom