The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As a fan of competitive smash ultimate, it sucks Nintendo pulled it from Evo. Not that there’s any shortage of smash tournaments though.

Looks like Strive will be the main event, with it being played last on the main stage.

As a fan of competitive smash ultimate, it sucks Nintendo pulled it from Evo. Not that there’s any shortage of smash tournaments though.

Looks like Strive will be the main event, with it being played last on the main stage.
I'm happy for the Skullgirls community who finally landed a slot at the big dance after a decade of trying to get in. :lol:

I'm looking forward to strive and KOF, as well as SF5 of course.

Crazy to me this system has been out for years now and games still havent caught up. Monster games just dont drop like they used to. All niche stuff now. Outside of GTA and LOU, there havent been any major hype titles dropping. For this or XSX. I barely play it except for old titles. Nothing has made me feel addicted to picking up those sticks in a minute.

What do you mean by “monster” titles? We’ve got Forbidden West, GT7, Elden Ring, Halo, and Forza Horizon 5

I get it, I want current gen only titles too but those games were/are solid titles. Unfortunately we’re getting last gen titles next year too. We might as well just accept it and enjoy what we can.

What do you mean by “monster” titles? We’ve got Forbidden West, GT7, Elden Ring, Halo, and Forza Horizon 5
Halo and forza were last year. For Big triple a titles we’ve gotten is horizon, elden ring, gt, new Kirby, dying light 2, ghostwire Tokyo. Even the indies are kinda quiet this year.

We probably won't see "real" current gen titles til maybe 2024 at the earliest.

With PS5s and XSX/Ss still not being widely available Sony and Microsoft gonna be double dipping major releases on old and current gen consoles for the forseeable future.

We probably won't see "real" current gen titles til maybe 2024 at the earliest.

With PS5s and XSX/Ss still not being widely available Sony and Microsoft gonna be double dipping major releases on old and current gen consoles for the forseeable future.
Last gen, next gen don’t matter it’s dry out here

I can't wait for EVO this weekend. I'm so happy it's back. :lol: :pimp:

markman23 markman23 releasing evo air ones :pimp:
9EBFD74D-62E9-4AF9-9AD1-F752B9B7F3CE.jpeg

35EB1C3C-B204-45D8-807B-229E1AAD0953.jpeg

I understand COVID happened/is happening. I just wish developers and publishers would stop announcing games so early knowing damn well they aren’t anywhere close to being finished. 18 months out would be the sweet spot for me.

We still out here using the pandemic as an excuse when gaming development could be done from home.

So you expect that things should have carried on seamlessly.

Literally dozens of articles over the past 24 months stating the opposite, but sure.

An estimated one-third of developers surveyed in 2020 by the GDC stated that COVID-19 caused a delay of the games they were working on, a combination of the pandemic and the remote working conditions.[127] By 2021, this had increased to 44% by 2021 in a subsequent GDC survey.[128]

You compound 2 years worth of delays and the current situation isnt exactly unexpected.

I agree with you, but I am of the opinion that is why we aren't seeing as many top tier games.

Id also spotlight companies like Activision and Ubisoft either doubling down on single, live service models or reducing the annualization of franchises.

And if companies are really serious about reducing "crunch" and overworking employees, development time has to increase as a result (because we know they wont hire more staff to pay salary +benefits, carving off profits that could be used for senior leadership).

I understand COVID happened/is happening. I just wish developers and publishers would stop announcing games so early knowing damn well they aren’t anywhere close to being finished. 18 months out would be the sweet spot for me.

This is a pet peeve of mine as well.

Sony could've held off the announcement of the next Spider-Man game and the new Wolverine one until next year.

Those games ain't dropping until 2024 the earliest.

Back
Top Bottom