The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So a bit of backstory, Greg has never enjoyed gaming on PC, but early on in his IGN career he really leaned into it for some laughs.

I havent really watched Kinda Funny for sometime, but I came across this and had a good chuckle.

Thanks. Now I remember why I stopped watching KF after Colin left :lol:

Greg is the only person I miss, while I have liked some of Blessing's work.

Speaking of Colin, that show is getting a bit much. The two co-hosts just dont bring a ton to the table. I find myself skipping much of the dialogue when I listen (typically just on trips/flights).

Greg is the only person I miss, while I have liked some of Blessing's work.

Speaking of Colin, that show is getting a bit much. The two co-hosts just dont bring a ton to the table. I find myself skipping much of the dialogue when I listen (typically just on trips/flights).
I don’t think I’ve ever liked Greg.

I think I’ve listened to every episode of Sacred. I like Chris and feel like he’s developed into his own over the years. Dustin seems cool but somewhat reminds me of Tim Gettys aka not that important :lol: With that said, the show can be a bit depressing at times, they all always seem sad as hell. I’ve started listening to their Xbox show, Defining Duke, with Matty and Cog and I think I might like it more. The crossover episodes they do are often pretty good too.

I always wished Colin would reach out to Ryan Clements. I think he works for Square Enix now? But back in the day, the best iteration of Podcast Beyond was Greg, Colin, and Ryan. Their personalities worked so well.

I listened to an episode of Beyond a few months ago and I find it pretty hard to get through. On the same level as the official Playstation podcast (who Clements was apart of when he worked for Sony, but didnt have the variety of other personalities).

CALL THE FTC IMMEDIATELY
giphy.gif

The market leader just outchea gobbling up studios :smh:

Finished the Horizon DLC. While it was decent the boss fights were a bit underwhelming. Zero dawns dlc was better I feel. I can’t wait for them to release the next game though. On PS6 :smh:

Got a chance to venture away from GT7 this past weekend and some yesterday. A quick rundown below...

SF6 Demo:

Jumped in using my TES+ fight stick. It's been way too long since I last played, so went with the tutorial first but it was all coming back pretty quickly. Graphics are ultra-color punchy but it doesn't scream next-gen right away, I think that's mostly noticed in the smooth motion - just be sure you are in performance mode. The new vibe didn't bother me much being an old-school fan...the main background music is appealing and almost as bumpy as Miles' stuff. Anyhoo, the demo is worth a spin if fighting games are one of your things. Not purchasing right away but will be happy to get some rounds in when it eventually makes it into my collection.

Star Wars - Tales from Galaxy Edge "Enhanced" VR Demo:

This one was quite fun & laid back to play... Graphics are crisp and movement is simple, fast, and effective - step movement or teleport options are very well intermingled. This one instantly displays how far we've come since PSVR1 from a stability standpoint; no matter what's going on or what you're trying to do, it doesn't fret or strain. I had one quibble with the controls that I need to look into. While I was playing, I had to hold the grip button down the entire time to hold onto my weapon. If this is not the case and I was doing something wrong, this might be a title I look to purchase sooner rather than later. Apart from the grip function, it just plays well and doesn't take itself too seriously - two things I'm sort of looking for when I'm not racing. The VR is smooth and provides a neat escape. Made me think twice about not having given Horizon a try yet...

Pavlov VR - Full Game:

Hmmmm.... will report back later on this one. Feels like something special is there but it will take me some time to warm up to the controls. At first, playing a shooter that requires a by-hand reload, manual-cock and re-grip feels a bit obnoxious but something tells me that once I get the muscle memory going, it could really be a hoot. So far I have only been through the tutorial and the shooting range working on the aforementioned muscle memory. So yeah, too early to call it. Played with & without the Sanalaki gun stock peripheral. My opinion on that guy is TBD as well...

PSVR2 Sense Controllers:

This was my first time using them... No issues to report so far. Motion tracking & finger tracking were all superior during my limited* use.

*No issue with early battery drain.

Cheers.

Honestly thought it was a done deal but UK blocked it.
They didn't even care about Sony's concerns. It's all about not having a cloud gaming monopoly.

1682508331056.png

More at the link

Last edited:

They didn't even care about Sony's concerns. It's all about not having a cloud gaming monopoly.

1682508331056.png

More at the link

They pretty much nailed it. M$ made that comment about Sony being blockbuster. Pretty obvious it means destroying completion through monopolizing online services.

1682508331056.png

More at the link

Sony got peoples in high places.

Back
Top Bottom