The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
20230801_182558.jpg

Last night's Street Fighter 6 finals were amazing to watch. I can only imagine what it felt like being in that arena. The intro song for the SF 6 finala is going on the playlist. It was that good. :pimp:

Man, the blew it with all the preamble before the top 6. I thought it was going to start at 10 and I could be to sleep at a reasonable time. But then they kept going on and on, with the EVO ceo, the key to the city presentation, and then the band, the trailer, blah blah blah. SO annoying.

All the other grand final matches weren't too exciting, so I called it shortly after 11.

Man, the blew it with all the preamble before the top 6. I thought it was going to start at 10 and I could be to sleep at a reasonable time. But then they kept going on and on, with the EVO ceo, the key to the city presentation, and then the band, the trailer, blah blah blah. SO annoying.

All the other grand final matches weren't too exciting, so I called it shortly after 11.
That's crazy because all of that was my favorite part of finals day. The Cannon brothers getting the recognition they deserve for EVO, EVO getting the recognition it deserves from the city and the state by getting a state holiday in it's honor, and the band that made the music for SF6 actually playing the songs live was great too. It was a good decision to put this all before the matches in order to maximize views because they know that everyone leaves after the last match is played.

I know I’ll end up buying the RDR re-release, it’s been a decade since I played it. I’m a part of the problem I know, this is super lazy by Rockstar

Last night's Street Fighter 6 finals were amazing to watch. I can only imagine what it felt like being in that arena. The intro song for the SF 6 finala is going on the playlist. It was that good. :pimp:

Happy for Angry Bird. Definitely deserves it. The fact he didn't even hesitate and continued instead of taking the win when Menard paused makes me respect him even more.
Don't know how he's mastered Ken in only 2 months.

Can't wait for Akuma to come out. SF6 gonna have a bright future.

Imagine watching from Europe.
SF6 Grand Finals will be on during your comute to work :lol:

Also, thank goodness there were no smash games and it was Top6 and not Top 8 otherwise it would've ran much longer.

1691511173285.png

This is awesome.
Next year will have Tekken 8, MK1. Even Killer Instinct is getting a patch so that scene might get resurrected too.
Project L coming too. The record from this year might be broken still.

EVO Day specifically being August 6th is a little funny though because the event isn't always on that day :lol: It's July 26-28th next year.

I swear PC users been waiting ages for this and why no Xbox either or PS5 version. Confusing

It's already playable on Xbox from the original 360 version. They gave it a 4k bump at some point too. That new release looks a little cleaned up though so the PS4/PS5 version might be better.

Thinking about selling my PS4 and waiting for the PS5 slim

Question, can PS4 game disks be played on PS5? I've read about backwards compatibility

Last edited:
EVO Day specifically being August 6th is a little funny though because the event isn't always on that day :lol: It's July 26-28th next year.

It's already playable on Xbox from the original 360 version. They gave it a 4k bump at some point too. That new release looks a little cleaned up though so the PS4/PS5 version might be better.

Stuck at 30fps for 360 version with backcompat.

But no idea if the PS4/Switch versions will be 60 or have an unlocked framerate either.

Thinking about selling my PS4 and waiting for the PS5 slim

Question, can PS4 game disks be played on PS5? I've read about backwards compatibility

Full backwards compatibility with PS4 and some PS4 games run better too on the PS5

NICE
Looks like I'll be back on my JB steez, when the slim comes out.
I'm just gonna stop updating my launch PS5 after SM2 drops.
Since I know the newer models should come preloaded the latest FW
Still have my JB PS3, use it to play MGS4 and RDR.

JB the PS5 for this, because it's getting kinda old that R* won't simply do it

Back
Top Bottom