The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Still beats me how Sony never capitalized on backwards compatibility. crazy......
Colin M. says he heard from a source that they figured out PS3 BC but it’s on a case by case basis meaning they’d have to do something “special” for every game and they’d probably not want to release a curated list. They’d still get backlash because it would be compared to Xbox BC.

What people? If that were the case, they wouldnt be trying to push digital versions of said games via subscription services instead of letting me play the discs I own.

Why offer backwards compatibility when they can get you to buy the same game twice? Thats why Im not that excited about this recent wave of remakes.

Vertical stand sold separately. :rofl: It literally comes with the regular PS5. Surely, Jim Ryan lurks the cheap things you do thread because that is next level milking.

Playstation 2, 3, and 4 all sold vertical stands separately.
Those were small enough where you didn’t need to have it stand. The PS5 is so big that you’re better off having it stand so that it takes up less space. I’m sure even Sony knows this which is why it was included with the regular PS5.

99% of people will either set it horizontally or vertically without and stand and not think anything of it.

99% of people will either set it horizontally or vertically without and stand and not think anything of it.
The PS5 doesn’t have a flat surface on the top and bottom + even weight distribution due to its awkward shape, unlike the PS2, 3, 4 and hence why the regular PS5 came with a stand. That **** is going to eventually tip over.

IMG_6992.gif

Yep and this new model includes a horizontal stand that people who don’t talk about games online will set up and play their games like everyone else. Or they stand it up with a stand or buy the stand.

PS4 backwards compatibility on PS5 is enough. People don't really go back and play PS3, PS2, ad PS1 games.

I agree with the first part but not the second part.
People are still playing PS3 multiplayer games like Wipeout and Killzone 2/3 with bootleg servers.

That being said, most people are playing new games over old games. Hopefully, Sony will stick to one architecture and BC won't be an issue going forwards.

Makes no business sense to make hardware that can play PS1-3 games. You'd need PS3 silicon and extra lasers to read the discs.
Majority of people won't want an even larger console that is $699+ to have the option of playing older games.

Why offer backwards compatibility when they can get you to buy the same game twice? Thats why Im not that excited about this recent wave of remakes.

Backwards compatibility with PS3 isn't happening.
Even MS didn't get all 360 games running and that was a much easier console to develop for than the PS3.

I'm all for remastering these games and putting them on PSN so they're accessible forever and with improvements like 60fps and higher res.

Also remakes like Demon's Souls and FFVII are great too. I don't see what's wrong in having options

The PS5 doesn’t have a flat surface on the top and bottom + even weight distribution due to its awkward shape, unlike the PS2, 3, 4 and hence why the regular PS5 came with a stand. That **** is going to eventually tip over.

PS5 will stand without the stand. Stand is included for better stability but its not really needed.
Evo had hundreds of PS5's for the tournament and all the ones I saw on stream didn't have a stand.

1697027797205.jpeg

We back? :emoji_eyes:

Back
Top Bottom