The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don’t even know what that is :lol:
rotation right now is botw mainly. Hitman and nhl 22 on sx. Nothing for ps5 has grabbed me this year.

Cursed Castilla is a spiritual successor to Super Ghouls and Ghosts.

Not as difficult but still a challenge.

I cannot for the life of me remember his original SN, but he used to be a regular in the older Playstation threads.

When Fallout 4 was announced to be set in Boston, I am pretty sure he had a euphoria-induced mental break and must have just come out of it.

I think he has had a few SN's...

Originally Posted by OmarsOK

As promised my review and statement on Fallout 3 and why it is the greatest video game known to mankind (this is my first game review ever so lets see how this goes):

FALLOUT 3

Introduction

First off, Fallout 3 is about designing the person of your choice andthen going back to being a baby then realizing the vision of the adult you willbecome (wow I am so nice (this game is so nice)). You grow up over the course of several scenes. These juvenile years take place in Vault 101where you are raised by your father (voiced by the unimitable LeamNeason). Then one day your fatherleaves the Vault, all hell breaks loose, and you leave in search of him. This is where the capital wasteland comes in. The only thing that separates this game withour own reality is that within the gameâs mythology is the simple fact thatAmerican culture somewhat stopped in the 1950âs yet technology rapidlydeveloped laser gunâs at the same time. America remained in this hybrid world of cold war tensions and 1950âscarefree whimsy. This game perfectly balances tension and soul souring triumph.

Presentation:10/10

From the moment you witness the opening âPlease Stand Byâ screen (as anindividual film cell in the style of old TV stations broadcasting âtechnicaldifficultiesâ no less) to the point where you see the same type of film cell inthe Vaults you will know this world is as living, breathing, and alive as muchas any game can ever be. There arecharacters and lives all about you even when the only person in the room is you(ok and maybe Fawkes). I say thisbecause you can see evidence of people who were once where you stand (spilledcoffee cups, abandoned homes, and other various wares all about). A fully- realized-fleshed-out-lived-in worldisnât even the right phrase for this gameâs vision. Itâs more like a full onslaught of humanityâs collectiveconscious. Yes, that is by far moreappropriate. Just as in other pieces of great work everything in this game is quotable, from gestures, sounds, djâs,all the way to the unsaid moments of past atrocities and triumphs. The seamless game presentation is everywhere. One example would be the Pip-Boy device the character wears on his or her arm. By pressing O the character stops whatever they're doing in order pull up their Pip-Boy and plan out their next move. You can change your gear, repair weapons and armor, take status health potions like stimpacks and nuka-colas, and even tune in to a few different radio stations (all of which -in conjunction - should never make the player feel bored or restless).

Graphics:9/10

So the drawdistance isnât as good as the draw distance of Oblivion (sue Bethesda). The actual theme of a desolate Americanlandscape will draw you in deeper than any fantasy world ever could. Which is more relevant for modern America -a fantasy castle full of dwarves and elves, or a post-apocalyptic wasteland ofincalculable heartache? Graphicalglitches and draw-in be damned, they are the only things keeping this score from being a perfect 10. Destruction and sorrow never looked so good (or so meaningful). The facial expressions of the NPC's are not the best ever but when the amount of content in this game is taken into consideration it really is quite impressive.

Sound: 10/10

Fawkes willhave you in stitches (from laughter). Three Dog will have you pumping your fist (in victory). Ella Fitzgerald will take your soul to thefarthest reaches of space and time (by notes only she can hit). The thematic irony of many of the songâslyrics is undeniable and eerily appropriate (eg - âThey hurry like savages toget aboard an iron traaaaaiiiiiiiiin/and though itâs smoky and itâs crowdedthey too civilized to complaaaaaaiiiiiiiin". Genius). This sound is the video game equivalent of Star WarsEpisode 4 - too many quotables to list. In short, this game has the greatest unoriginal soundtrack everimplemented in a video game. GrandTheft Auto has nothing on this.Even if all the all music gets turned off the sound effects of Fallout 3's world are a symphony in their own right.

Gameplay: 10

So the firstperson shooting mechanics arenât Call Of Duty-esque? I, however, have come to see these weapons as being so old andneglected that it makes true ante-apocalyptic marksmanship impossible. When I enter a room in this game I cannothelp but check every desk and locker. If you are like me and must talk to everybody in every village you visitin an RPG then this Action-RPG is for you. Remember that line, âRhythm is life and life is rhythmâ

My response in 2011:

"...But you message me 3 times a day on PSN saying "FO3 = GOAT" so I know no rational argument will change your mind."

:lol:

He had a few ending in Bob (gutta Bob I think being one) so we just called him Bob. Again, this is years ago so I think I am remembering this right.

What up, Bob.

So how long did it take some of y’all to gold the final S license? It’s frustrating and I like that track on the F1 games

It’s one developer vs a publisher and owner of like 20 studios. It’s night and day difference. If Sony were to buy EA or something of that nature that would be equivalent.

yes-zootopia-sloth.gif

I cannot for the life of me remember his original SN, but he used to be a regular in the older Playstation threads.

When Fallout 4 was announced to be set in Boston, I am pretty sure he had a euphoria-induced mental break and must have just come out of it.

Man please. The euphoria ended as soon as a booted up that shovelweah FO4. Such a swing and a miss. If they only kept it how fallout 3 was but boston. Ughhhhhhh

So how long did it take some of y’all to gold the final S license? It’s frustrating and I like that track on the F1 games
Took me numerous unsuccessful attempts, I lost count. But it only took me a handful of successful attempts when I actually nailed the lap... if that makes sense. So in between successful laps, I was actually able to gain seconds. But since the 1.13 patch, rear wheel drive cars should be a bit more forgiving... I imagine this challenge will be a bit easier.

Took me numerous unsuccessful attempts, I lost count. But it only took me a handful of successful attempts when I actually nailed the lap... if that makes sense. So in between successful laps, I was actually able to gain seconds. But since the 1.13 patch, rear wheel drive cars should be a bit more forgiving... I imagine this challenge will be a bit easier.
Yeah it took me a few hours to finally get gold. It was so unforgiving. That last big straight with the kink is was so unforgiving. Thanks though

Back
Top Bottom