The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
776ce4ee990ac7ce9bbba981ee37d966493e0997.jpg

Gotham Knights | PS5
Disco Elysium – The Final Cut | PS4, PS5
The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes | PS4, PS5
Alien: Isolation | PS4
Dead Island Definitive Edition | PS4
Outlast 2 | PS4
Elite Dangerous | PS4
FAR: Changing Tides | PS4, PS5
Gungrave G.O.R.E.
Eldest Souls | PS4, PS5
Röki | PS4, PS5

Tekken 6 | PS4, PS5
Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny | PS4, PS5
Ape Escape Academy | PS4, PS5
IQ Final | PS4, PS5

Since this will be a large undertaking for our teams to roll out, we plan to launch regionally through a phased approach. Here are the launch dates we are currently targeting in local times:

● Japan – targeting October 17

● Europe – targeting October 23

● North America – targeting October 30

Last edited:
Isn't that what's happening now with remasters?
Right, which brings us back to my original point. You're going to end up buying the same game multiple times. Yea, graphically and technical upgrades, but that doesn't justify paying full price for it again. IMO the 'soul', if you will, of a game is the entire experience. Not just the graphics and controls.

I know I wouldn't pay 70 bucks to fight a control scheme in the first place. But if it made a game more enjoyable, then yeah, I would give it a shot then. My backlog is pretty sizeable, so I've never been a day one kinda guy. Shoot, I'm still trying to copy red dead 2 for 99 hours now. Heard its ok, lol.

Right, which brings us back to my original point. You're going to end up buying the same game multiple times. Yea, graphically and technical upgrades, but that doesn't justify paying full price for it again. IMO the 'soul', if you will, of a game is the entire experience. Not just the graphics and controls.

Now that Sony is not experimenting with exotic hardware, things should be stable now as seen with PS4 to PS5. Now we get full BC on every game and with improvements as well. With PSN it will be there forever in your digital library too if you get it digitally.

Spider-Man PS4 works on PS5 and so does the PS5 remastered version. Everyone is happy.

It's the PS3 and older console games that are more difficult being on platforms with different architecture and its not only Sony who has this issue.
You won't get an emulator that will play every PS3 game flawlessly with no issues which is why remasters for the popular PS3 games were needed.

They weren't full price either unless its a full blown remake.
A bunch of the trilogy remasters like the Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection was 3 games for $50.

R

When you say they'll be there forever, do you mean going forward? History has shown us thats not always going to happen. Look at GTA San Andreas. You can only get that "Definitive Edition" now and we know what the deal is with that.

I’m on board with PS3 BC. Truth is there was a lot of games that I wanted to play, finish or platinum but never got around to. I didn’t want to keep hooking up my PS3 and finding a legitimate DualShock 3 after mine died was a pain in the ***. PS1 & PS2 games with trophies would be nice but I can do without them.

When you say they'll be there forever, do you mean going forward? History has shown us thats not always going to happen. Look at GTA San Andreas. You can only get that "Definitive Edition" now and we know what the deal is with that.

Yea games that launched with a digital version from PS4 onwards is what I mean.
They should be on PSN forever unless there's a limited licensing deal but if you own the game then you can still download it anyway.

The Red Dead remaster as an example, I expect that to be playable on PS6 even though its a PS4 game.

Nice find. I hadn't caught that one...

Overall, I'm pretty let down... maybe it will be better later on.

Luckily my XSX didn't cost me much... So keeping it around this long without much use and having built a dual console capable sim racing rig (primarily in anticipation for the next-gen Forza release) doesn't burn much.

just beat Assassins Creed Mirage.. I give it a 7/10.

Im sure im a minority but I like AC when its more action/RPG oriented like Valhalla and Odyssey.

AC Mirage is def much more stealth base like the older AC games but they still have a bit of action in them and some OP equipments.

Ubisoft is gonna have to go ALL OUT on AC Red now that Ghost of T set the bar pretty high. Expecting great things.

edit*

the rumor/leak is that AC Red is gonna be a dual protagonist game like AC syndicate... ugh its already sounding bad

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom