The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Usually I buy around black Friday for about 25% off I think.
This year I didn't renew and then they sent me a special offer for 30% around Christmas. Still didn't renew.

Sometimes stores have a 10-20% off various gift cards and it includes playstation gc ($10 off, when purchasing $100 gift card). You can load up on those and then add to your account to purchase (at least in Canada some stores do).

Take the 30% discount offer. Sony nerfed all stackable discounts from places like cdkeys after they raised PS+ yearly rates on all tiers. You can no longer stack memberships onto a current active sub.

My lil boy wanted an Xbox for Christmas because his cousin has one and has Horizon and he plays that a lot (he loves cars). Granted, he also plays GT7 on my PS5, but Horizon is more child friendly like Roblox and you can just drive anywhere verses just tracks. So he's been asking for one for months and I've repeatedly told him no. Not bringing that garbage in this house. His mom is furious at me, and threatens to put me out, lol, whatever. Christmas is here, we buy him one, smh, copped him the Horizon edition obviously.

Hooked it up, and right out the box, issues arise. This is why Xbox One Series XS is trash.

Narrator. It just starts going off. He's like, "dad, why's the game talking to me?". The narrator is on out the box, that's weird. I go to Horizon settings, and no option there. I got to console settings > accessibility > narrator and it's not even checked on. Why is it on if it's not checked? I back out, go to Horizon, and the narrator is still going off. I'm like WTF is this? I go back to the settings, check it on, then check it off, go back to Horizon and the narrator is STILL ON. I turn the console off, turn it back on, go to Horizon and the narrator is STILL ON. I go to settings to make sure it wasn't checked and sure enough, it's not checked on, but the narrator is still going off. I'm going back and forth for like 15 mins trying to figure out all the settings.

**** YOU MS.

I try a different game, same thing. I'm like this gotta be a ****ing bug or some ****. I do a google search and somebody on reddit said power cycle the console for 10 secs and it will go away. So I did. First try, nope, didn't work. I tried it again, didn't work. I tried it again but held the console power in for 30 secs (ridiculous, I know), and it didn't work still. At this point I didn't know what to do. Saw some people on various forums say it's a bug and have either complete wiped there console clean and started all over or taken the console back for a new one. Not really trying to do the first option and trust me, the second option I damn near hoped in the car before wifey hit me with the :stoneface: . First option it is, wiped the console, started from scratch and NO IT DID NOT WORK. I power cycle again for 30 secs, and it WORKED. LOL. No more narrator. He plays the console for all of 10 mins and turns it off :angry::smh::sick:. All of that for 10 mins of play. But STILL the narrator is reoccurring issue, whenever he turns it on, it just starts going off and option is NOT checked on. Only way to fix it is by power cycling multiple times, and the sweet spot is 4x (sometimes 3). But four ****ing times this is insane. There's more issues with the console, like the network settings but I'll save that for another post.

IMG_9998.jpg

My lil boy wanted an Xbox for Christmas because his cousin has one and has Horizon and he plays that a lot (he loves cars). Granted, he also plays GT7 on my PS5, but Horizon is more child friendly like Roblox and you can just drive anywhere verses just tracks. So he's been asking for one for months and I've repeatedly told him no. Not bringing that garbage in this house. His mom is furious at me, and threatens to put me out, lol, whatever. Christmas is here, we buy him one, smh, copped him the Horizon edition obviously.

Hooked it up, and right out the box, issues arise. This is why Xbox One Series XS is trash.

Narrator. It just starts going off. He's like, "dad, why's the game talking to me?". The narrator is on out the box, that's weird. I go to Horizon settings, and no option there. I got to console settings > accessibility > narrator and it's not even checked on. Why is it on if it's not checked? I back out, go to Horizon, and the narrator is still going off. I'm like WTF is this? I go back to the settings, check it on, then check it off, go back to Horizon and the narrator is STILL ON. I turn the console off, turn it back on, go to Horizon and the narrator is STILL ON. I go to settings to make sure it wasn't checked and sure enough, it's not checked on, but the narrator is still going off. I'm going back and forth for like 15 mins trying to figure out all the settings.

**** YOU MS.

I try a different game, same thing. I'm like this gotta be a ****ing bug or some ****. I do a google search and somebody on reddit said power cycle the console for 10 secs and it will go away. So I did. First try, nope, didn't work. I tried it again, didn't work. I tried it again but held the console power in for 30 secs (ridiculous, I know), and it didn't work still. At this point I didn't know what to do. Saw some people on various forums say it's a bug and have either complete wiped there console clean and started all over or taken the console back for a new one. Not really trying to do the first option and trust me, the second option I damn near hoped in the car before wifey hit me with the :stoneface: . First option it is, wiped the console, started from scratch and NO IT DID NOT WORK. I power cycle again for 30 secs, and it WORKED. LOL. No more narrator. He plays the console for all of 10 mins and turns it off :angry::smh::sick:. All of that for 10 mins of play. But STILL the narrator is reoccurring issue, whenever he turns it on, it just starts going off and option is NOT checked on. Only way to fix it is by power cycling multiple times, and the sweet spot is 4x (sometimes 3). But four ****ing times this is insane. There's more issues with the console, like the network settings but I'll save that for another post.

IMG_9998.jpg
Love this for you

Yeah, I thought the narrator thing was weird too... but I just ignored it instead of typing out on essay on NT, because ignoring it takes way less time. :wink:

But STILL the narrator is reoccurring issue, whenever he turns it on, it just starts going off and option is NOT checked on.

Fam, just do a factory reset. If he's playing one game and got it 4 days ago, it's not like he's gonna be losing anything :lol: Plus there's a reset option that doesn't even force you to delete your games and apps.

Weird bug though, never even heard of it before this post but I see it's been around for years.

Man I don't envy people who make products. All that over nothing.

Mans beef is with a accessibility option that is enable from the jump to make it easier for people with disabilities that need it. So they don't have to go looking for the option. The team that made it got praised for their accessibility option.

And turning it off is an easy fix.

But this is proof the entire console is trash :lol:

I think he is either lying, or can't figure something basic out.

It is a real thing... but it literally affects most people for about 2 seconds before the game starts, so going online and taking all that time to complain about it, in a forum that's not even about the Xbox, is telling.

:lol: at there being an essay about Xbox every other page in here
On some level

I want Microsoft to just go third party.

I will play on PC

And fanboys can enjoy Sony having unfettered market power in the console market.

Enjoy the $800 PS6, $100 games, studio closures, and downgrade in services

Within 18 months, they gonna be outside Phil's office singing....

The Xboys should just post in here. Their thread is dead unless xxpizzo xxpizzo is posting Apex hilights.

Dead but ya gaming as a whole been pretty dead for me but i dont play solo players so im deff missing out on some bangers i am sure

Any PS players play Apex?

Always down to link aint gotta be ranked

Also will play 2k Rec although its prolly the most toxic community in gaming

Back
Top Bottom