The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just finished Ch. 8, 30 hours in:

That scene with Barrett and Dyne :frown:

Maybe it’s just me but the combat is a lot harder in this one. You’ve actually got to assess every enemy and pay attention not just to weaknesses but the details in what staggers and pressures them. I can’t remember every enemy and it sucks to have to pull up that menu all the time.
Definitely harder than Remake. It took me sometime to get comfortable with the fighting speed and when choosing specific actions. But Yuffie is OP and I gotta see what Cait Sith is about.

I'm around where you are rn and just playing mini-games at the Golden Saucer lolol.

I almost wrote Yuffie off on this one but her elemental jutsus work really well on pressuring enemies and once you get the Doppelganger ability she becomes a powerhouse.

Dynamic difficulty has been such a fun kick in my *** in FF7Rebirth. Every fight feels fair no matter what level I am. There have been more than a few fights where i was on the brink of death. Then there's fighting those jellyfish in the Gongaga region that have given me more game over screens than most boss fights. Its a blast. :lol:

Dynamic difficulty has been such a fun kick in my *** in FF7Rebirth. Every fight feels fair no matter what level I am. There have been more than a few fights where i was on the brink of death. Then there's fighting those jellyfish in the Gongaga region that have given me more game over screens than most boss fights. Its a blast. :lol:

I hate those mobs. It’s just dodge dodge dodge. Even dodging my spells.

I like trying on the bathing suits.

1711392874871.png

I heard "Like Death Stranding" on 2 podcasts when talking about Dragon's Dogma 2 👀.

In regards to the traversal, that is.

man the cinematic ending for FF7 Rebirth was damn near flawless.....

when that theme song hits as
aerith says goodbye to the party while the tiny bronco flies away :frown:|l

crazy how the story is even crazier than the OG.

GAME OF THE CENTURY.

I hate those mobs. It’s just dodge dodge dodge. Even dodging my spells.
Yeah. The worst part is that you need to hit them with a spell to stagger them, but you cant hit them because they float. so they just float there, immune to damage while they slowly whittle you down. It's annoying more than anything. My workaround was to give Yuffie and Tifa auto ability and auto unique ability and let them do it while I ran around becasue for some reason when you give them those two materia they ignore the immune condition. :lol:

Ch. 9

Cloud is a real *******. Zack is dead!?!?!?! C’mon bruh :lol:

Just finished FF7 remake, long *** game great story cant believe this is my first time playing it and its almost 30 years old smh, dont think im ready to hop on rebirth just yet will wait on a sale, dont feel like playing another FF game right now.

Just copped DD2 i guess im old school 30fps doesnt even bother me and i just beat FFremake on the visual setting. But i get the hype with 60

Just finished FF7 remake, long *** game great story cant believe this is my first time playing it and its almost 30 years old smh, dont think im ready to hop on rebirth just yet will wait on a sale, dont feel like playing another FF game right now.

Just copped DD2 i guess im old school 30fps doesnt even bother me and i just beat FFremake on the visual setting. But i get the hype with 60

If you liked the remake then rebirth will have you giddy. Open world lots of side quests and the story gets fleshed out even more.

What games are you all looking forward to? I thought I’d be in on DD2 and Rise of the Ronin but I’d rather wait for them to fix DD2 in hopes of getting it to 60fps on my PC and I just don’t really want to play Rise anymore :lol:

For me:

Final Fantasy XIV: Dawntrail
College Football 25
Paper Mario TTYD

I feel like I’m missing some but not sure what else is dropping this year.

What games are you all looking forward to? I thought I’d be in on DD2 and Rise of the Ronin but I’d rather wait for them to fix DD2 in hopes of getting it to 60fps on my PC and I just don’t really want to play Rise anymore :lol:

For me:

Final Fantasy XIV: Dawntrail
College Football 25
Paper Mario TTYD

I feel like I’m missing some but not sure what else is dropping this year.

Only CFB 25 for me.

Rise of the Ronin piqued my interest but it's not a must cop right away like Ghost of Tsushima was.

Looking forward to trying out the Stellar Blade demo to see what that's about.

Grandia Collection
Suikoden Remaster
Eiuyden Chronicle
Destiny Final Shape

Several hundred backlog games
For me, I think it's just Suikoden Remaster, Destiny2: The Final Shape, and Space Marine 2. And any news regarding Monster Hunter Wilds and the potential FF9 remake.

I forgot about Suikoden and Grandia collections. I’ll probably grab those too.

Grandia Collection is out today actually. Happy to pay full price again and stick in the backlog in hopes we get a Grandia 3 remaster.

the OG FF7 on the PS1 pretty much introduced me into the world of jrpg. never was interested in the genre but for some reason, FF7 got me hooked. probably due to the story and 3D implementation of the genre, not to mention cool characters. it was really revolutionary at that time.

Back
Top Bottom