The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | Wukong is AVAILABLE NOW.

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Untitled.jpg

Late to the party but its finally here. Was waiting for digital sale but that's not coming soon.

I only learned of this a few years ago, but it made me really love Raul Julia's performance after a rewatch.

The "For Me, It was Tuesday" line is still the best part in that film. So Savage but I'm still mad they made Bison run away from Chun-Li. Even little me at the time was offended by that :lol:

With all the work they put into it and the VR/metaverse trend i definitely think they expected to sale more. They should have known pricing it the same as the disc PS5 would be an issue especially since they are just now able to meet demand. But we’ll see what happens in the future.

I think the first PSVR and Meta's performance with the Oculus would've set their expectations.

You can usually tell when Sony has high expectations for something. They go all out on marketing.
TLOU, GOW, Horizon, Uncharted, the PS5 hardware itself. Those all get that S tier marketing budget and campaign.

PSVR2 with low marketing and a Feb release date is definitely meant to be a slow burner device.

Untitled.jpg

Late to the party but its finally here. Was waiting for digital sale but that's not coming soon.

The "For Me, It was Tuesday" line is still the best part in that film. So Savage but I'm still mad they made Bison run away from Chun-Li. Even little me at the time was offended by that :lol:

I think the first PSVR and Meta's performance with the Oculus would've set their expectations.

You can usually tell when Sony has high expectations for something. They go all out on marketing.
TLOU, GOW, Horizon, Uncharted, the PS5 hardware itself. Those all get that S tier marketing budget and campaign.

PSVR2 with low marketing and a Feb release date is definitely meant to be a slow burner device.

Jumping in at a great time... the new 120hz mode feels amazing and of course, VR mode is on deck.

One game I have always been interested in, but know I couldn't make it through:

That_dragon_cancer_cover_art.png

I might watch a playthrough one day.

Having a newly born son and playing What Remains of Edith Finch during the bathroom scene almost made me quit the game.

There are a few games tied to family or friends that have passed I can't get myself to replay.

I played that recently and it was definitely emotionally draining.

That particular section was rough.

Graphix detail and RT take a hit but the response and feel is pure butter sauce... you can really tell the brain is getting much more information.

Sampled it on a 1440p 244hz capable gaming monitor. VRR didn't work but think I need to fiddle with the monitor settings. Haven't tried on the big-screen 4K yet.

A streaming "only" unit doesn't make much sense to me with remote play and cell phone controller add-ons already simplified and readily available but we'll see...

I'm pretty much over mobile anyhow. Only own the Switch because it's the latest Nintendo platform and it goes both ways.

Regardless, always cool to see new Sony tech but I think they'd do better making this a full-fledged Vita 2 5G. :wow:
Considering 6G is right around the corner….

I lost interest the moment they said it was streaming only and based off of remote play.

Truly, I am set for the remainder of the year. I couldn't care less what comes out after this collection. These plus my backlog and D2 will pretty much take up any free time

Im good on another Sony handheld. Was never pleased with the PortStation Portable and the Vita was an even bigger disappointment. Ill stick to the Switch as my travel system of choice.

(Vita) Had a spark when you started, but now, you're just garbage
Fell from top ten to not mentioned at all
To your (PSP) bodyguard's "Oochie Wally" verse better than yours (Oochie wally wally, oochie wally wally)

Smartphones killed the Vita. Non proprietary memory cards and all of Sony's first party devs on board would not have saved it. It was doomed from the start

People didn't need a separate device for games or media anymore. PSP was dead in Europe and NA towards the latter part of its life. It was only Japan keeping it alive with Monster Hunter leading the charge.
Vita had exclusive COD and Assassin's Creed titles which did not boost sales because the demand for portables in the west dried up. Most of Sony's big first party games also do not translate well to portables so there's nothing they could've done. You had Uncharted at launch but with worse graphics and no set pieces because of the hardware so it will not get the attention the PS3 or PS4 versions get. Same thing happened with the GOW and GT games on PSP.

Sony also tried to keep it on life support in Japan with the absence of Monster Hunter with Freedom Wars and Soul Sacrifice but it was never going to see PSP numbers.
Japanese third party support dropped too compared to the PSP especially from Capcom and Square.

3DS with Pokemon and Monster Hunter which the DS didn't have sold less than the PSP just to show you the decline in handhelds was felt by everyone.

Sony cut off portables. Nintendo fused their portable and console division into one and went hybrid.

Some people say handhelds are back because of the Switch and Steam Deck but Switch is the only way to play Nintendo games so you have no choice and even then they needed to inject some power into it and make it versatile. The standard and OLED version sell a lot more than the non hybrid lite version and the lite version is cheaper. Here's last week sales from Japan as an example and they prefer portables:

1680807586120.png

The Steam Deck sold 1 million in 1 year and it is heavily subsidized by Valve. Vita sold 12 million lifetime to put it in perspective.

I didn't expect the frame rate counter to hug the 120fps line in a couple of those modes. Must be buttery smooth. I don't think there's that many big games that perform like that in their 120fps mode on PS5.

I agree with the guy in the video though. 4K with VRR in Resolutuon mode hitting 90fps is the way I would go if I had the setup.

Back
Top Bottom