The OFFICIAL Powerball and Megamillions thread:

^^^ it does happen. A client of mine that lives on York ave has crazy security. 2 guards with him all the time, two at his house and one that's always in the car with the driver.

Always wanted to ask why but feel its personal matter so I never do.

His condo on York is crazy tho. The shower we recently did for him is probably bigger then most people bedroom in here. Cool guy. Pays whatever I quote him with no prob :smokin.

Last edited:
2nd largest ? wasn't there a half a BILLION last year, meaning there should be one higher than 425m

1. Last year's huge lottery
2. This year's 425 mil jackpot

Hypothetical thinking is one thing, but actually having that amount of funds in your possession is another. You may avoid splurging for one day, but those funds will be burning a hole in your pocket as each day goes by.

I'd rather win $200 mill (or w/e the cash option is) and blow it all than not win $200 mil.

Y'all do realize that you can claim the winnings anonymously by creating a trust right? Well atleast that's the case in most states, although in NY it's public record.

Lottery= Tax on the Stupid

BTW no state is handing you a check for that much $$$$, You would be lucky to actually clear 200 after taxes.......

Good Luck to whoever wins it though............ :smh:

Thanks, pretty sure everyone here knows about taxes, considering everyone has mentioned them along with the differences between a lump sum and annuity. And the lottery as a poor tax or tax on the stupid really only applies to those who spend a lot of money routinely on scratch offs or daily numbers, not those who play the major games every once in awhile when the jackpot is huge.

Might as well buy a ticket. That is a lot of money.

I would prob end up investing most of it in an attempt to make my family rich for generation after generation.

I would like to take my chances with winning this jackpot. If it means claiming it under an alias, moving my family and hiring security, I'm still for it. People every day with no money get killed for less. Claim it under another name, don't frequent the same spot too often, move into a neighborhood where wealth is common and get security for when you just gotta go out.

In my opinion, the deceased had it bad being a big fish in a small pond. If I ever win, no one will be getting close to me outside of family and 10 year+ friends, except some strippers ofcourse.

AL, I'm normally like you in that I don't check the numbers immediately. I get as many dreams as I can out of that $2.

Last edited:
yall doin it wrong

Blind trust claim that $$ anonymously and ball out on the DL if you really worried about it

I'd be STRAPPED tho, would have no dambs left in my bones if I hit that jackpot.

:pimp:

View media item 128490

What happens if there are multiple winners tho? Does it have to be a mutual decision to cash out or not?

Im suprized i havnt heard of any pools at my job.

I got ten on it today

To be honest, as long as you dont have any prior beefs or problems, I think you'll be alright. All about the energy you output. Some about goons. :lol:

To be honest, as long as you dont have any prior beefs or problems, I think you'll be alright. All about the energy you output. Some about goons. :lol:

I don't know man. That type of money changes EVERYTHING for a person. They're no longer a person in the yes of others, they're a target. Family, friends, strangers, robbers, goons, any and everybody will be trying to get something from you. Scary.

With that said, I'll be purchasing a ticket today after work. If I win, pray for me. :lol:

I don't know man. That type of money changes EVERYTHING for a person. They're no longer a person in the yes of others, they're a target. Family, friends, strangers, robbers, goons, any and everybody will be trying to get something from you. Scary.
With that said, I'll be purchasing a ticket today after work. If I win, pray for me. :lol:

:lol:

Maybe it's smart to fabricate or even make a huge donation or something to take some of the heat off?

I'd probably just start a foundation using a lot of the money. I've always wanted to hire a bunch of scientists and do research about whatever I want to contribute to earth. Real ***** ****.

Last edited:
wow some of you dudes are really paranoid. Where in the heck do you guys live? Aint nobody going to kill or kidnap you. You're going to have 15 minutes of fame, and maybe a couple months worth of fame in your home town. After 6 months nobody is going to remember your name. So long as your affiliations aren't shady you have nothing to worry about.

On that note, it would also help if you drew minimal attention to yourself. It probably wouldn't be a smart idea to start driving your new lambo in the hood. If you use common sense and proper judgment you'll have no worries as far as your safety is concerned.

man IDGAF id be riding around in my R8 with $tack$, strapped with Galil's and Commando's blowing smoke in N_s faces

wow some of you dudes are really paranoid. Where in the heck do you guys live? Aint nobody going to kill or kidnap you. You're going to have 15 minutes of fame, and maybe a couple months worth of fame in your home town. After 6 months nobody is going to remember your name. So long as your affiliations aren't shady you have nothing to worry about.

Not everybody lives in a cushy city with thousands of yuppies riding around unarmed. I hit & the first thing I'm doing is getting the hell away from this city and I don't even live in the hood. Although I'm good in the hood as soon as word got out about me or damn near anyone else hitting things would get dangerous and that's real ****. So suppose your state laws stated you couldn't remain anonymous and there was no way to set up a trust, you're screwed.

Last edited:
On that note, it would also help if you drew minimal attention to yourself. It probably wouldn't be a smart idea to start driving your new lambo in the hood. If you use common sense and proper judgment you'll have no worries as far as your safety is concerned.

Don't sleep on what people will do for money. You can get Sean Taylor'ed just like the next man. Don't sleep.

You aren't a person anymore you actually change into a lotto ticket in the eyes those around you or know of you

On that note, it would also help if you drew minimal attention to yourself. It probably wouldn't be a smart idea to start driving your new lambo in the hood. If you use common sense and proper judgment you'll have no worries as far as your safety is concerned

Nobody will kill or kidnap you? They will have 400 million reasons to. I'm sure you've read the same horror stories of lottery winners in the past being not only killed, kidnapped for ransom, being milked by family/friends for money, and overall bad **** that happens after they win all that money. I understand it's human nature to simply say "Well, I'll do this and I'll do that differently. After all, I'm smarter than them" But make no mistake about it, you instantly become a target after you "win." Not only you, but your family...and anyone close to you. In some states, I think Cali is one, you can't claim the prize anonymously. So those "15 minutes of fame" are more like a lifetime of hell imho. With that said, I agree with you about stunting...might as well put the bullseye on your forehead if you're going to ride around in that droptop blowing smoke in dudes faces. Hell, you might as well kill yourself first :lol: because it's just a matter of time at that point. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it) we have about a 0.0000001% chance of verifying all of this firsthand :lol:

Last edited:
uhhh dumb things I would buy with that cash:

1. my own brewery
2. Movie theater for my house...but hook up my 360 to it. yessur.
3. his and her bugatti veyrons for the wife and I
4. start up a few businesses to build up Glens Falls (My hometown)

Back
Top Bottom