The OFFICIAL Powerball and Megamillions thread:

Hey NT bros. If one of yous wins you should check your rules. Some states you don't have to go announce yourself publicly that you win. You could just take that money anonymously

i would want my face shown on the local news and then I'm moving to another city...seattle or portland

this is 2012....you really think the word isn't gonna get out?

1. First thing I'm doing is staying quiet. You can't trust anybody.

2. Removing myself from any social networks including NT

3. Buying them trackphones and disposing them when done like dudes on the Wire

4. Moving to a Upscale hotel in a major city

5. Get my lawyers and accountants on the job and figure whats the best plan of action.

THEN.....THEN I'll slowly start letting my family know the deal. And I'll move my parents somewhere nice and my brother will probably go live with me for a couple years living the good life.

THEN...I'll start picking which friends I actually care to hold onto and allow in my life. Short list will be short

Just looked up the rules for my state ,and if you win here you have to do a press conference. |I

wow some of you dudes are really paranoid. Where in the heck do you guys live? Aint nobody going to kill or kidnap you. You're going to have 15 minutes of fame, and maybe a couple months worth of fame in your home town. After 6 months nobody is going to remember your name. So long as your affiliations aren't shady you have nothing to worry about.

On that note, it would also help if you drew minimal attention to yourself. It probably wouldn't be a smart idea to start driving your new lambo in the hood. If you use common sense and proper judgment you'll have no worries as far as your safety is concerned.

I remember this lady from Brooklyn won it a few years back who worked as a correctional officer and lived in East New York, well they kidnapped her mother and other family members in Jamaica and killed them. I think they killed her to when she went there to give the money. Cant find no link though

Just looked up the rules for my state ,and if you win here you have to do a press conference. |I

I never understood why winners have to do that, why put them in a dangerous situation with everyone knowing who you are now. I always said if I were to win, I'm doing the press conference in a gorilla suit.

wow some of you dudes are really paranoid. Where in the heck do you guys live? Aint nobody going to kill or kidnap you. You're going to have 15 minutes of fame, and maybe a couple months worth of fame in your home town. After 6 months nobody is going to remember your name. So long as your affiliations aren't shady you have nothing to worry about.
Not everybody lives in a cushy city with thousands of yuppies riding around unarmed. I hit & the first thing I'm doing is getting the hell away from this city and I don't even live in the hood. Although I'm good in the hood as soon as word got out about me or damn near anyone else hitting things would get dangerous and that's real ****. So suppose your state laws stated you couldn't remain anonymous and there was no way to set up a trust, you're screwed.
Bingo.

smh at all that kidnapping and killing talk. Too much paranoia. Only once have i heard of a ransom kidnapping or killing where i'm from or in any of the other towns in long island as a result of a lottery. Only time i've ever heard of such an incident happening around here was when some hispanic guy won a couple million years back. Some people from his native country in central America had kidnapped members of his family for ransom. Apart from that being a completely isolated incident, all of my immediate and extended family lives here, so no worries for me :smokin.

Having said that If you play your cards right, use common sense and proper judgement you'll have nothing to worry about. Taking the annuity, moving out of the country, and hiring security may also help if you're that paranoid.

Last edited:
Dont be naive.....winning this big youd have to be paranoid at least some.

this is 2012....you really think the word isn't gonna get out?

1. First thing I'm doing is staying quiet. You can't trust anybody.

2. Removing myself from any social networks including NT

3. Buying them trackphones and disposing them when done like dudes on the Wire

4. Moving to a Upscale hotel in a major city to the UK.

5. Get my lawyers and accountants on the job and figure whats the best plan of action.

THEN.....THEN I'll slowly start letting my family know the deal. And I'll move my parents somewhere nice and my brother will probably go live with me for a couple years living the good life.

THEN...I'll start picking which friends I actually care to hold onto and allow in my life. Short list will be short

This, fixed.

I got homies on papers, I'll just see them once things cool off.

Dont be naive.....winning this big youd have to be paranoid at least some.
Paranoid about extended family, and random girls trying to ride the gravy train, sure. My safety? Absolutely not. I guess it depends on where you're from and who you're affiliated with. Where i'm from stuff like that doesn't happen around here. And there's plenty of wealthy people over hear none of which have been kidnapped or killed for ransom.

Paranoid about extended family, and random girls trying to ride the gravy train, sure. My safety? Absolutely not. I guess it depends on where you're from and who you're affiliated with. Where i'm from stuff like that doesn't happen around here. And there's plenty of wealthy people over hear none of which have been kidnapped or killed for ransom.

:lol: keep living in la-la land my dude.

Judging by your avi. you think everything is sweet. go luck lil homie.

i assume youre not talking to me directly

i said just be paranoid some

dude i live in CT..............id be livin in fairfield county outside nyc the next day if i won with plenty of ppl still richer than me.

an even still you gotta watch your back

powerballin your plan of action is dead on man

my fone an place i stay at currently would be the first thing id change.

Last edited:
:lol: keep living in la-la land my dude.
Judging by your avi. you think everything is sweet. go luck lil homie.
:smh: i give up. You guys can be paranoid. I'm taking the lump sump and investing it. Kill me or kidnap me if you want thou will not get anything.

Last edited:
Relax, dudes are just spouting out outlandish negatives to help cope with the fact they'll probably never win.

the drawing is Wednesday illest....I'm not going to be greedy, I'll just take it as is on Wednesday so I can go Christmas shopping.

I think some of you make good points regarding the evil that will come after you. It will be much bigger than ex girlfriends and family outta nowhere. I watch the show "How the lottery changed my life" There are people out there that prey on you. You don't have to go to the press conference smiling with your phone number and ssn on your shirt.

I would let my family know they need to move and be wary about who they running their mouth to. BC you never know who else will find out from there. I know I will be straight because I'm moving pronto and making my folks move too. There are people that you feel are close that would be jealous or upset that you only gave them so much bc they see how much you won. None of my properties or vehicles would have my name on them. Everything in trusts. But I'll tell y'all about it in a few weeks when I'm sending those racks out to ya.

In a work pool we have like 26 people in it each person paid 5 bucks.

We would all walk with about 10.5 M or so.

I tell you what if i win my NT Secret Santa is getting da hemi
And i think i should win because i have a super small family and small group of friends....they would all get the hook up and id still have multiple millions left for myself.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom