The Official Reebok Question (A.I.) Thread.

azrael,

Never got through online. I quit. **** Bait. For whoever got their pair for 179, you're lucky. I got hit with sales tax before it crashed on me. Stuff like this is why I'm not into shoes anymore. The stuff you truly want is always a hassle to get.

U want an update? Site crashed , what more u need ?[emoji]128514[/emoji]

Save the cute reply. They wasted everyone's time by not giving a status update. Packer is miles ahead of them in that department. The Practice release was way smoother than this even with those who had their orders canceled. I know its Sunday but who has hours to waste in front of a screen. I wasn't waiting for almost three hours to give away my money.

Last edited:
azrael,

Never got through online. I quit. **** Bait. For whoever got their pair for 179, you're lucky. I got hit with sales tax before it crashed on me. Stuff like this is why I'm not into shoes anymore. The stuff you truly want is always a hassle to get.

sorry to hear that man...i totally know the feelin' tho. i don't blame bait too much though. they're really a small boutique that's primary a retail shop (not so much an online shop), that might not even primarily focus on selling shoes (shoes is probably a secondary thing for them actually, with all the apparel and accessories that they have for sale in the shop, of which only a fraction is actually offered online). but i do definitely question the value proposition of this collab shoe as well (as sniper was alludin' to)...since with tax, it came out $196.20 for me! which is quite a bit to pay for retail on a shoe (and this has nothing to do with the jordan vs. other brands premium price argument). and yes, it does have some premium materials on them...but i can't say that the perforated suede(s) are super buttery or anything like that (and again, i'm no snakeskin connoisseur). don't get me wrong, it's a solid, nice high-end lookin' shoe overall, but doesn't even come close to comparing with the quality of materials of say the kith/ronnie fieg x new balance 999 steel blue collab that i have (which was technically $130 at retail, but i ended up payin' $250 on ebay for my size 8.5)...

regardless, i'm glad that i got it (since iverson is one of my all-time fav ballers), and i'm all for supportin' bait, since they're one of the few boutiques out here the san gabriel valley (where i live) of the greater los angeles area...and the dudes that work there are really cool as well...

think of it this way, that's $179 that you still have towards another pair of sneakers that you really want (or will want later)...

Last edited:
The only releases (LeBron X Championship Pack & these) that I haven't been able to snag this year occurred all in the same weekend. Wonder if this is a sign of things to come...:lol:

Most active I've seen this thread.

Thankfully I went to church and didn't have to worry/be tempted about this release. On to the #1 Draft Picks, at more reasonable price (94.99)

Last edited:
Most active I've seen this thread.

Thankfully I went to church and didn't have to worry/be tempted about this release. On the #1 Draft Picks, at more reasonable price (94.99)
Nothing new. This occurs in every thread in anticipation of a new release. Even my last posts in here are probably dated weeks ago as there's not much to discuss other than new pick-ups...

All I want is a blue-toe Question Low & I'm done with this line...

These were hard to get like any limited/hyped release. Plus the shoes actually looked good so I'm not surprised. I think Bait did ok considering I had no shot at the past few packer releases and of course I never get anything off NIKE.com

That 179 will go towards a loan payment. Haven't bought a pair of sneakers in a long time. If the site ran smoothly, I could only blame myself for not being on top of it, but that wasn't the case. Their Twitter mentions show how bad it was. Between the 502 Gateway and the Paypal as well as the regular site not running it was a joke all around. There weren't any bots involved like Nikestore. This was pure negligence. For some people they were never able to access the site.

On to the next one which is nothing at the moment. Release left me with a bad taste in my mouth. They showed no accountability unlike Packer during the Practice drop. **** em.

Score!! My 12 got snatched out my cart but was able to get an 11.5 but now I'm worried cuz I heard these run small... Should of jus got an 13 but didn't want no big *** boats lbs

Glad me and my brother copped 2 pairs each yesterday. We even got my sisters' size 6.5 and boy was she happy, didn't think they made them that small.

Score!! My 12 got snatched out my cart but was able to get an 11.5 but now I'm worried cuz I heard these run small... Should of jus got an 13 but didn't want no big *** boats lbs
Questions run a half size big. I can vouch as I own two pair (pearl red, pearl blue). Unless this particular collaboration pair runs small, you should be good.

Looked on eBay. :lol: so much for ine pair per person. Couldn't even enforce their own policy at the pop up shop. Fly by night business.

Looked on eBay. :lol: so much for ine pair per person. Couldn't even enforce their own policy at the pop up shop. Fly by night business.
A limit one pair per person policy is extremely easy to get around and impossible to truly enforce though. Just bring family members, friends, etc, and there you go, multiple pairs. They can't deny you from bringing other people, even if only one person ultimately ends with all of the pairs.

Last edited:
Had a go for Bait Questions on my mobile and in common with most got as far as checkout before site collapsed, kept trying for a couple of hours but just got bad gateway screen before eventually sold out, pity as it looks like shoes not coming to UK or Europe so Bait direct was only option, I wonder how the Bait ownership felt about the hate they were getting on Facebook and Twitter from those who could not place / confirm their orders or payment when the situation was exactly the same with SNS website collapsing when their shoe with no name Questions launched.

Difference is other Reebok colabs get some distribution through Reebok select retailers worldwide so although numbers are very limited if you know the retailer and can put in some work pickups are possible, UK shops like Hanon and footpatrol will only go online if shoes are left once sales are made instore on morning of launch. if Bait were so concerned with an exclusive release should have just sold instore and left on line sale alone as they have now given a lot of people a stick to best them with. Have to laugh at people saying they won't buy from Bait again as they wouldn't go back there anyway unless another limited exclusive shoe was launched.

Perhaps Bait don't care as any publicity is good publicity and they knew sellout was guaranteed

The situation sucks, but its only partially baits fault. To my knowledge this is the only store exclusive release they have ever done. They've never had to handle the influx of online traffic like this before. Should they have upped their it in preparation? Yes. Have they done this before? No. Agree with everyone else that bits may have potentially ruined online release. They kill most online these days. However, there were plenty at both physical spots. If you put in work and prepped, you knew locations and release date. Most of us know fellow heads throughout the world. I found one willing to pick me up a pair and ship them in turn for me helping them in the past. Its a scratch each others back game now. You can't rely online anymore. Best advice on future releases is to network out and help others, cause.in the future they may need your help. Shoe karma is real. Congrats to those that were lucky enough to cop. For those that weren't, give it a few weeks and resell prices will drop. Most all questions land in or below the $250 range after a couple of weeks (which is almost cost of retail plus shipping on these).

The situation sucks, but its only partially baits fault. To my knowledge this is the only store exclusive release they have ever done. They've never had to handle the influx of online traffic like this before. Should they have upped their it in preparation? Yes. Have they done this before? No. Agree with everyone else that bits may have potentially ruined online release. They kill most online these days. However, there were plenty at both physical spots. If you put in work and prepped, you knew locations and release date. Most of us know fellow heads throughout the world. I found one willing to pick me up a pair and ship them in turn for me helping them in the past. Its a scratch each others back game now. You can't rely online anymore. Best advice on future releases is to network out and help others, cause.in the future they may need your help. Shoe karma is real. Congrats to those that were lucky enough to cop. For those that weren't, give it a few weeks and resell prices will drop. Most all questions land in or below the $250 range after a couple of weeks (which is almost cost of retail plus shipping on these).
Good post, online is just a lottery now, you know that every site is going to crash but if you don't try you don't get (try queuing for 8 hours just to be told that the shop got half the stock they were promised and your stuffed thats a reason to complain not sitting at your PC with a beer sfor two hours). I remember XI Concords sat on Nikestore Europe for two days now any limited release is online 30 minutes max and something like LeBron Corks its gone in seconds, trouble is resellers think everything will turn a profit but with so many limited releases going around it looks like people just move onto the next one rather than desperately searching ebay for the shoes they missed

Trust me, I won't be purchasing from them again. I mean that. Wouldn't have even tried with them if Packer, Burn Rubber or Ubiq would have got them.

That's the thing though. I struck out miserably on the br's. If.it weren't for other spots getting them, I'd have missed completely. If bait had decided at least put up on pys , like all their other stuff, it would have freed up traffic and gave people a second option. Instead they went the kith/fieg route where its that store or bust, which I disagree with, but who am I? I would think I'd want my collab to be available enough so that those who want.it can get it, yet limited enough that they don't hit the clearance rack. End of the day more shoes produced equals more money to those making them to a certain extent, and what company doesn't want more money? (Unless your fieg, who based his sole existance on hyping limited releases which a different one will come out every month).

Back
Top Bottom