The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

Sharapova's soft draw was her downfall. Li Na's game is worlds better than it was when she won the french. Carlos Rodriguez is the perfect coach for her and I expect big things from her this year. Sharapova is extremely limited if she can't outhit you she's lost which is why players like Vika and Serena are matchup nightmares for her.

Last edited:
Sloane is getting worked right now. She's not being as aggressive as against Serena. Not coming up to the net enough while Azarenka is doing just that. That's gotta change if she wants to win.

edit: another injury? :lol:

Last edited:
I wish sloane would have fought hard much earlyier in the match to make it competitive... She came out with no confidence, and put up very little resistance for most of the match... You'd think after playing Serena Williams her confidence would be through the roof.

Last edited:
Sharapova's soft draw was her downfall. Li Na's game is worlds better than it was when she won the french. Carlos Rodriguez is the perfect coach for her and I expect big things from her this year. Sharapova is extremely limited if she can't outhit you she's lost which is why players like Vika and Serena are matchup nightmares for her.
That's the thing. When Li Na played the way she played today, she can be unbeatable.  Unfortunately her form comes and goes.  I think she had double-digit number of unforced errors in the 1st GAME of her match against Aga, while against Masha, she played almost flawless tennis in the entire 1st SET.  That's how she can be.  Another issue is her mental-state which can go a bit nuts sometimes... the nerves can really get to her.  Hopefully she'll bring her same game to the final.  
lol there acting like Serena wasn't playing injured yesterday.
Yeah... I didn't watch the Sloane/Serena match, so I can't comment on how well Sloane played... but I know Serena wasn't 100% (in fact, did you guys see the pic of her ankle she Tweeted? 
sick.gif
). Yet I kept seeing these comments on how since she "defeated Serena", she should have a good shot at Vika.  I think Sloane has got the skills (some of her inside-out & down-the-line forehands were ridiculous), but made too many errors today.  I'll leave that experience.  

So Azarenka admitted she took the injury timeout because she was choking? LOL ok then

I'm gonna need to hear her answers from the presser... The timing of it was very suspicious, no doubt, but you could tell she was struggling a bit physically, so who knows. 

Last edited:
That's the thing. When Li Na played the way she played today, she can be unbeatable.  Unfortunately her form comes and goes.  I think she had double-digit number of unforced errors in the 1st GAME of her match against Aga, while against Masha, she played almost flawless tennis in the entire 1st SET.  That's how she can be.  Another issue is her mental-state which can go a bit nuts sometimes... the nerves can really get to her.  Hopefully she'll bring her same game to the final.  
lol there acting like Serena wasn't playing injured yesterday.
Yeah... I didn't watch the Sloane/Serena match, so I can't comment on how well Sloane played... but I know Serena wasn't 100% (in fact, did you guys see the pic of her ankle she Tweeted? 
sick.gif

). Yet I kept seeing these comments on how since she "defeated Serena", she should have a good shot at Vika.  I think Sloane has got the skills (some of her inside-out & down-the-line forehands were ridiculous), but made too many errors today.  I'll leave that experience.  

So Azarenka admitted she took the injury timeout because she was choking? LOL ok then

I'm gonna need to hear her answers from the presser... The timing of it was very suspicious, no doubt, but you could tell she was struggling a bit physically, so who knows. 

proxy.jpg

Thanks, I needed to see that again.

Maybe it's an optical illusion and that bulging part is actually her calf?

Thanks, I needed to see that again.

Maybe it's an optical illusion and that bulging part is actually her calf?

That's possible. However, from what would be her shin to her foot, looks like it may not be her shin.

Wish she'd posted another angle lol.

Man we need nadal back... Novak's had a way to ez path to the final... Almost forgot about the 5 setter he had to dig deep on, but still.

Last edited:
that def looks like her calf....you can see her heel poking out at the bottom of the pic so her calf is hiding her ankle...

I stayed up late this morning to watch Vika win. I definitely thought she was going to lose that 2nd set with the meltdown she was having. Also, that lmfao guy needs to step back :smh:. Didn't get to see the Li - Sharapova match. I should've paid more attention to the schedule, I missed a lot of matches.

Back
Top Bottom