The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

I think Na had more winners but also had a lot more unforced errors. Li definitely has one of the best personalities in the game.

I love Vika but was turned off with what she pulled against Stephens.

**** was watching the replay into the third set and ESPN finally decides to scroll the result on the bottom of the screen :smh:

bunch of ******g ******* :stoneface:

2013+Australian+Open+Day+13+A6qtOpyYKEWx.jpg

2013+Australian+Open+Day+13+CzjaCO0HzPYx.jpg

2013+Australian+Open+Day+13+Ep1JfdcMGjex.jpg

2013+Australian+Open+Day+13+jSEU7B3UQYzx.jpg

2013+Australian+Open+Day+13+zvkGQVvrNPLx.jpg

If Serena had fallen that 2nd time like that with that "non-ankle roll" ( :lol: ) she would have been called a drama queen by everyone.

IJS.

Ya Murray destroyed Fed ...atleast as badly as u can "destroy" Fed that is

I love Murray over Djoka tonight. Djoka will take a set but Murray has this in 4. Tiebreakers could decide the match much like they almost cost him vs Fed though

Errors killed Li Na, she should've finished Vika off in the second set. Props to her though she was very composed in the last set and pulled it out with basically nobody but her box behind her.

Still got Novak over Murray, I wouldn't say he "destroyed" Fed. He almost gave up that match like he always does but it seemed like Fed ran out of gas which is very plausible considering he was fresh of that battle with Tsonga and he's not a young man. Novak is very well rested, owns this event, will punish Murray's inability to close and will make it a tougher mental/physical battle than Fed did.

^ Indeed.  Definitely not the cleanest of performances, but that's her game... she'll go for a lot of shots/winners and in the process will make a lot of errors. You just hope that she has a good ratio of winners.  Had she played like she did against Masha, she could have won this in straight-sets.  At her best, Li's unplayable. 
If Serena had fallen that 2nd time like that with that "non-ankle roll" (
laugh.gif
) she would have been called a drama queen by everyone.

IJS.
That 2nd time was more for her head and neck.  I think the physio only briefly checked her ankle.  She even said in the presser that she blacked-out for a second after hitting the court.  Quite scary. 

I wouldn't say Murray destroyed Fed, but Fed definitely didn't have many answers against him in a lot of the baseline rallies.  As I said before, it was down to Fed playing the important points (tiebreak) better.  Murray's also gotten a lot stronger during the "offseason" so that definitely helped in adding more power as well as improved court-coverage.  

If Serena had fallen that 2nd time like that with that "non-ankle roll" ( :lol: ) she would have been called a drama queen by everyone.

IJS.
If anyone hit their head on the hardcourt like that we'd be concerned. The crowd gasped when they showed a replay. Serena's big hair would provide some good impact absorption.

I think federer will win one out of the remaining 3 this year. with Nadal still recovering, I feel he has a good chance at the french.

I have Djokovic 3-2 over Murray tonight ... Murray can't afford to have lapses in his game tonight like he did against roger, or this thing will be over fast.

I think federer will win one out of the remaining 3 this year. with Nadal still recovering, I feel he has a good chance at the french.
I really hope so, being a super fed fan... I'd say his best shot would be at Wimbledon, and 2nd best shot the French... I don't think fed can keep up with Novak, and Murray on hard cours over 5 sets anymore.

Murray takes the opening set 7-6... djok was looking frustrated in the tiebreaker

Last edited:
Jesus two tiebreaks, 1 set apiece. I should've stayed home and watched instead of studying :lol:

Good match thus far, but the way these two act on the court makes me appreciate Roger that much more.

Back
Top Bottom