The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

damn murray isn't playing a around... First set 6-4... Murray starting to look tight in the tiebreaker... Crazy exciting finish in the tiebreak 1 set all... Just when I think fed is going to run away with it he gives up the break, and murray cruises through the set 6-3... Wow just when chances of winning starts to look bleek for rog. murray begins to choke badly!! Fed takes advantage of a tight murray in another tiebreak... Fed looked flat in the 5th set, murray disposes of him quickly 6-4 6-7 6-3 6-7 6-2

Last edited:
Are those pink feds releasing? 

nvm just peepd on ndc. :smile:
Dude, I kept the Tennis-tread in the Nike Forum updated with all the info... come on in!  I also posted pics of his GR's in here! 
wink.gif

Did I just read that right? Murray beat Fed?

Indeed, but it was a bit of a strange match TBH. 

Looking at the stats, it was pretty Murray-sided...
[table][tr][td] [/td][td]Murray[/td][td]Fed[/td][/tr][tr][td]Aces [/td][td]21[/td][td]5[/td][/tr][tr][td]2nd serve pts won[/td][td]63%[/td][td]42%[/td][/tr][tr][td]Break pts[/td][td]6/16[/td][td]2/6[/td][/tr][tr][td]Winners [/td][td]62[/td][td]43[/td][/tr][tr][td]Unforced errors[/td][td]47[/td][td]60[/td][/tr][tr][td]Total pts won[/td][td]177[/td][td]151[/td][/tr][/table]
So yeah, it looked like Murray was clearly the better player... and yet this match went 5. A good example of how winning the critical points made the difference... Fed won the tiebreak points 14-7... the 2 sets he won.  

Ultimately, Fed wasn't able to handle Andy's serve and baseline-play.  A few random errors early in the 5th sealed his fate.  

Should be a good final, but Djoker looks sooooo tough to beat. 

2013+Australian+Open+Day+12+Cx0KG3EQVKQx.jpg

2013+Australian+Open+Day+12+qs4wZDGSrILx.jpg

Team Murray

2013+Australian+Open+Day+12+E96d6O6g5Tex.jpg

2013+Australian+Open+Day+12+NcYIx6M6NRdx.jpg

Keyser Söze

2013+Australian+Open+Day+12+M108FLl7G5Sx.jpg

Cricketer Shane Warne

2013+Australian+Open+Day+12+1-UUjIbf0KWx.jpg

The Shark

2013+Australian+Open+Day+12+PRGbxU8klR4x.jpg

The Rocket

2013+Australian+Open+Day+12+J_mjAriVUgMx.jpg

2013+Australian+Open+Day+12+k4f6dCoC5CQx.jpg

Last edited:
had to mute it, this azarenka chick is almost as annoying as sharapova. hope li na wipes the floor with her.

oh ****
mean.gif
please be ok

Last edited:
Didnt see the match, but glad to see my boo Vika take it. :smokin. Li Na is great though... glad to hear she brought the competition.

Man, it was tough to watch. 
sick.gif
 Gotta give her a lot of credit for getting back up and toughing it out. Also nice to see how great of an attitude she has... for sure the fans appreciated that. 

Back
Top Bottom