The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

I do need to get a Wilson Pro Staff 6.0 85 in my bag. Just to mess around with.
tongue.gif
You know, I regret not buying this when they were around... woulda been a nice collectors piece... and like you said... just to mess around with.  WAY too heavy and too small of a head-size for me though! 

Full-Frame-88-714741.jpg

DAMN.

Fog rolling past Robredo. Honestly thought Fabio was going to lose the match against Mayer in the second round when he dropped the first set tiebreaker.

He's into his 5 straight clay-court final or something?  Finally getting his act together and living up to his potential?  

He's into his 5 straight clay-court final or something?  Finally getting his act together and living up to his potential?  
Jose Perlas. Prince of Clay. Fog is like 20 of his last 21 clay matches. Hitting bigger on the forehand. Hope Fabio beats Ferrer if he advances past Almagro.

Man, I'd be shanking like no other with a 6.0 85. lol. but that 1% of the time I connect, I'm sure it will feel like a dream.

On another note. This dude Kei Nishikori has my attention now. I see you NIshikori. Banzai!

laugh.gif
 it was a reasonably big story at the time.  

She was awesome in the final though.  Hope she can back-up her impressive '13 season. 

Indeed.  Don't think the old  girl ever "lost" her game... just the illness and injuries, which is a damn shame. 

Venus and Fed won Dubai. Felt like time machine tennis. I need Roger to quit waiting until he gets down a set to come to the net. It's almost like he uses it as a last resort.

Watched the Li Na - Stosur, Berd - Hewitt, Cash - Lendl & Agassi - Sampras matches.  

Great to see Andre & Pete slug it out again all these years later.

e928f3c5191c643f243b61fd33e83158

822a5052eb007f5a25c18211995fa084

69772d422221139e86adf1bf0bb5a306

Last edited:
Indian Wells
nerd.gif
What do you guys think of the Doubles draw?

Interesting to see many of the single players also participate.

Some notables:
  • Mahut & Tsonga
  • Cilic & Del Potro
  • Mirnyi & Youzhny
  • Isner & Querrey
  • Chardy & Simon
  • Lopez & Robredo
  • Federer & Wawrinka
  • Gulbis & Raonic
  • Djokovic & Krajinovic (never heard of him tbh)
  • Erlich & Gasquet
  • Janowicz & Kohlschreiber 
Link to draw.

Back
Top Bottom