The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

Missed the final, but Nole hasn't been playing at his best.  Did he bring it in the final?  

Need Rafa and Andy to get back on their game.  

He played with grit and toughness from the second set on. Rodger had a chance to win it in 2 but Nole battled to get the break in the second.

mean.gif

TENNIS.com ‏@Tennis  
In just 28:20, Nieminen beats Tomic in Miami, 6-0, 6-1. Tomic, in first match since hip surgery, wins only 13 points.

TENNIS.com ‏@Tennis 
If our math is right, Nieminen & Tomic could have played 23 matches in the time Isner & Mahut played the big one. With time to spare.

^ Yeah, but it's such a mess... there was the story of him being "forced" by the ATP to play (penalties and whatnot), but he had a legitimate injury so surely should could have gotten out of it.  

This is quite fascinating. We all know that Dolpo's one of the more "unorthodox" players out there.  From this angle, it's interesting to see how much sidespin he has on his forehand.  Lots of inside-out spin, especially after the ball bounces... notice how much it checks towards the right on certain forehands.  It's such a whippy stroke.

Also...

Sony+Ericsson+Open+Day+6+T-jqOerwtmux.jpg

Sony+Ericsson+Open+Day+6+SULdW3E1qQ-x.jpg

Last edited:
anyone knows what are next vapor 9.5 tour ( federer) ? i am looking for new tennis shoe for clay

Jesus Christ Serena destroyed Coco yesterday! She was looking like 07 Australian Open Serena. Kerber doesn't stand a chance if she shows up this again.

Serena has been very inconsistent all year. Her game isn't as sharp as it was last year but I don't think anyone could've kept that pace

She hates Maria and the feeling is mutual. Ever since Wimbledon she usually brings her A game against Sharapova lol

Jesus Christ Serena destroyed Coco yesterday! She was looking like 07 Australian Open Serena. Kerber doesn't stand a chance if she shows up this again.
I haven't watched a lot of Coco, but wouldn't you expect Serena to destroy her anyway?  Is Coco of the same caliber as Kerber?

Back
Top Bottom