The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

Nole and Fed both speak 5-6 languages (both grew up with that, I think), while Rafa spoke a bit of Italian last week in Rome. I remember Jim Courier speaking a bit of French during the awards ceremonies at the French Open in the early 90's. I guess if you're travelling around the world that much, you get more opportunities to learn different languages. 
Tommy Haas, you are still a video game legend.................
smokin.gif
s_tommy.jpg

Rafa is usually a fan favorite, especially at Roland Garros.

It would be odd to see the home crowd rally for their countryman instead.

Masha overly aggressive on her second serve time and time again, resulting in far too many double faults.

Phew!

Her unforced errors are always gonna be there because she doesn't know how to play any other way but aggressive, but she'll definitely have to clean things up against Serena or she'll be obliterated,

That's one element that frustrates me about watching Sabine in the women's game. She fails to dial it down at the right moments. You can't always go for power.

Rafa - Jo final seems like the logical outcome. At least he has the better chance at beating rafa, I think.

That's one element that frustrates me about watching Sabine in the women's game. She fails to dial it down at the right moments. You can't always go for power.
Sabine and Maria are my two favorite players, but yeah can be frustrating watching them at times. 

Last edited:
Wouldn't be surprised to see Nole push Rafa to five sets.

Thankfully Nadal turned it up against Nishikori and Stan, but Djoker is a different animal. Even on clay.

I'm tempted to pick Ferrer. Upset or not.

Also rooting for Errani. The Italian playing great tennis the past twelve months.

No match for Serena though. Wanted to say straight sets, but Serena in three.

MS benefitted again from a soft draw and a lil help from the delay :lol:
I remember what Vicka did to Sloane with delay but this time it didn't worked for her :smokin

So did Fed, and look how that worked out for him. You still have to win your matches en route to the Final.

At least Vika showed fight-back. Was kind of hoping she'd break to 5-5 in the third set. Purely for entertainment and dramatic purposes.

Serena also benefitted from a favorable draw as well... she could have easily drawn Vichka in the semis and a few more tougher opponents along the way. Not saying that it would have changed the outcome, but at least it would have made it a bit more challenging.

She and Fed, as well as Ferrer all had favorable draws.

Last edited:
You feel this is Ferrer or Tsonga's best chance to win a Slam. Ferrer avoided the entire big three.

Masha must cut down on unforced errors to derail Serena. Made Errani look like a junior player.

I speak fluent french too, who gives a ****.

Tommy Haas, you are still a video game legend.................:smokin..
U aint fluent. only know the curse words and how to say hello to a pretty female :lol:

Until that Screengrab of him from the game I didnt realize Tommy Haas was same guy :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
It felt like Sara is just happy to reach SF and so as Nishikori, dude just came off from injury and now will break in the top ten.

Sara was happy to win just one game the way Serena was dialed in.

Like Nishikori's future (23) and Raonic (22). Only thing Kei lacks is true, elite power.

Name a player you guys like that will never threaten for a Slam victory. Mine is Fognini.

Fognini's LOL.  

Don't forget Dimitrov to go with Milos and Kei. Though to be honest, I'd put Milos and Grigor way ahead of Kei.

Back
Top Bottom