The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

Of course. 

Rafael+Nadal+2013+French+Open+Day+2+zFAyLrjiM6ix.jpg

Rafael+Nadal+2013+French+Open+Day+2+2fELJVea2qPx.jpg

Rafael+Nadal+2013+French+Open+Day+2+ntfWK3J5Je1x.jpg

Goffin! 
nerd.gif

He took a set off of Fed last year! He's looked very legit... got all the tools... but probably lacking a bit physically. 

Last edited:
Lol this thread is hard to find ...any reason why we don't have a permanent tennis thread? 
nerd.gif

Anyway, good match here between Tsonga and Nieminen, could go all the way if the first set is anything to go by.

No more Brits, so as usual it's on to rooting for Sabine 
happy.gif

Lol this thread is hard to find ...any reason why we don't have a permanent tennis thread? 
nerd.gif
Haha.. .this IS the permanent tennis thread. This is NT... NTers don't watch no tennis yo. 
tongue.gif

This Monfils-Gulbis match... I have a feeling it will go on and on and on...

Anaaaaaaa....

EDIT:

Anyway... see ya, Caro. 
ohwell.gif

2013+French+Open+Day+Four+OdJl103V_bRx.jpg

Impressive comeback by Monf...

2013+French+Open+Day+Four+vCOu_5v46Vqx.jpg

2013+French+Open+Day+Four+J2FogWmko5Bx.jpg

2013+French+Open+Day+Four+2hk7NKeBBkYx.jpg

2013+French+Open+Day+Four+y3mwv7r5zXqx.jpg

1000x.jpg

Last edited:
Caro has no where to go but down. She just doesn't have the ability to create a ton of winners due to her poor technique and the players have caught on to her pushing and aren't having it.

Lol it's cool, I was just kinda surprised that even merged with comments from the Oz open it's still only 12 pages 

...Kanye West bumping his head on a sign post gets like 30+ pages -Gotta love NT 
laugh.gif

mean.gif

Last edited:
there's only like 5-8 of us who regularly watch Tennis.

WImbledon and US Open get the most "outsiders" LOL

even if you searched for old Tennis threads, You'd see the same handful of screen names

Last edited:
I have a feeling Sock is going to upset Hass today

A little biased though as I met Sock in Newport last summer @ the ATP Hall of Fame tourney and liked his mental makeup and focus...still shaky on Clay but these majors are obv a different ballgame

Not too many interesting matches today though. Didnt understand why so many liked that punk Ernie over Gael yesterday

Last edited:
Isner should probably fall to Harrison today too IMO, just gotta get off to a semi-decent start

there's only like 5-8 of us who regularly watch Tennis.

WImbledon and US Open get the most "outsiders" LOL

even if you searched for old Tennis threads, You'd see the same handful of screen names
Yeah, I think we should just stick with one main thread. Especially with Pete, Andre, Jim, Michael, etc out of the picture, it'll be even tougher to get Americans to watching tennis, which, lets face it, is +80% of NT.  It's too bad that we only get this thread running during the slams, cuz the Masters and even some ATP 500's are good too. 

True about Wimbledon & the US Open getting the outsiders... LOL  Seems like we do get more ppl participating, which is good, I guess.
Not too many interesting matches today though. Didnt understand why so many liked that punk Ernie over Gael yesterday
It was entertaining.  Ernie, at moments, played SO well... hitting solid groundstrokes.  Then he'd go on some mental breakdown and make random errors.  

Anyway... Djoker looked pretty good today... 
ohwell.gif
 for Li though. She was playing reasonably well... then Bethany went on a tear.. just outta nowhere.  
mean.gif

Sabine got blown away there 
frown.gif

Errani looking on fire, only Maria or Serena are going to stop her in this form.

Sabine had one extraordinary year a few years back and has never been the same. I don't give Isner much of a chance against my dude Tommy

Sabs... what a disappointment. Didn't realize Goerges was ranked higher than her! 

Another cake round for Fed, while Rafa, who didn't play his best, had another opponent who went all-guns-blazin'... and it worked for a while, till the errors creeped in. 

What, Raonic out in 3!?!?!?!?

Ana-time.

Monfils is toooooooo inconsistent.... Dude was in the drivers seat and decided to piss it all away...

He's trying to mount a comeback....

I haven't been following like usual. What round are we on currently?
Rain has been messing things up, but it's Rd 2/3 right now. Rafa played his 2nd round today, while Fed played his 3rd.  Nole plays Grigor in Rd 3 tomorrow.

Gael is DONE. No legs.  The guy is so talented, but he's too lackadaisical at times... screws around too much.  Brilliant one minute, a fool the next.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom