The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

Good fight by Madison... came down to a few points here and there.  That 5-3 return on Serena's 2nd serve though... had her shot... 

Keys plays with tons of heart
pimp.gif
,can't wait to see how she turns out. Already pretty damn good at 19. Looks like her and Genie are the future of womens tennis once the Williams' retire.

She's persistent as hell 
laugh.gif
,gaining a bunch of respect for her right now

Last edited:
Just posted this in the main forum but figured I'd repost here as well...

been on these forums for a minute and never used them much but better late than never. i'm playing tennis for my hgh school right now and need to buy some decent shoes for it cause the courts tore the **** out of some old free 3.0s i dug out. i wanna stay lookin fresh though cause, you know, why not. I'm eyeing the Air Max Bo Jax   (these ones) 

but I want to make sure they're a decent shoe for tennis -- i'm not incredibly good, so it's not like I'm at the level that truly top of the line shoes makes a difference. If they're not, what shoes would people recommend for tennis that are still fly?

Thanks in advance

Man finally it's over 
laugh.gif
,Keys definitely made Serena her work for it a lot more than she would've expected.

Last edited:
Keys plays with tons of heart :pimp: ,can't wait to see how she turns out. Already pretty damn good at 19. Looks like her and Genie are the future of womens tennis once the Williams' retire.

What happened to Sloane Stephens?

She beat Serena in the Australian like two years ago, but then I haven't heard much of her since. I thought after that run in Melbourne she'd be on the map for good.

She beat Serena in the Australian like two years ago, but then I haven't heard much of her since. I thought after that run in Melbourne she'd be on the map for good.

Sloane was American sports media created hype. Serena was noticeably injured and couldn't serve at all in that match. She wouldn't retire because she's a champion. Sloane is a diva who has 0 titles and 0 reasons to act the way she does.

Keys plays with tons of heart
pimp.gif
,can't wait to see how she turns out. Already pretty damn good at 19. Looks like her and Genie are the future of womens tennis once the Williams' retire.

Honestly don't even find her that good,Serena was hurt back then iirc. She hasn't been consistent since then and keeps crashing out early at tourneys. She had way more hype than warranted, the media was looking for that next great American woman to replace Serena but it's definitely not her imo. 

Maddy Keys on the other hand seems to be the real deal

Last edited:
Madison showed more heart down 1-5 than Sloane has shown her entire career. Sloane is a clown that started running her mouth thinking she was awesome but her mouth wrote checks her game couldn't cash.

Back
Top Bottom