The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

When Fed was missing those breaks in the 5th set I never thought he would come back to win it

What a match!  Incredible stuff from the old man!  Credit where credit is due, that was impressive.  Perhaps his greatest win over Rafa?

Old man Fed was being written off to no longer win any more slams

Washes Nadal in the final = bigger cherry on top

You know Rafa is pissed when he can't even crack a smile at this Kia CEO's horrendous English

Seriously though, get these suits the **** outta here. We want to hear from the champ

"See you next year, but if not..."
You feel the crowd tense up when he said that?

laugh.gif

Even if he had lost, Federer stuck to his game plan and executed as well as he could. Better late than never I guess. Even when he got broken in the fifth, he didn't break down like usual (against Rafa). His mental fortitude was the most impressive.

As for Rafa, he'll pass Pete eventually, amd really, the fact he can play at this level, with his bruising style is astonishing.

Federer will always be my favorite player, but I still believe Nadal is GOAT.

Woooooow. Fed won! I'm hype! I thought Nadal was gonna wash him. Glad I was dead wrong :lol: one more win for beautiful tennis and hopefully Nadal never passes Sampras :lol:

Last edited:
Oh my god, what a game. My nerves are literally gone. Awesome to witness these two legends playing in a final again. Plus seeing Roger win is beyond everything I expected before this tournament.
I would have not been shocked, if he lost against Berdych or Nishikori.
This match had so many ups and downs. All the lost break points in the 5th set, made me crazy and swearing :lol:
I don't know what this sports year will bring, but this will be my highlight.

Back
Top Bottom