The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

Ending was 
laugh.gif

Nadal midas whale challenged the call

Never thought I'd see the great Federer win another major. When he was down a break in the 5th, I thought it was a wrap. But he came through.

The fact that these 2 were actually in the finals (even with early ousting of Djoker and Murray)...beyond impressive. They are LEGENDS.

I'm team Fed forever. I really have to find a way to watch this man play in one the majors in real life.

Last edited:
My goodness I fell asleep at the beginning of the 5th :frown: :smh:

I didn't even try to my eyes and body just said nope you're done :lol: :smh:

Before I fell asleep I remember Rafa having all the momentum and looking like he was going to cruise to the victory in ththe 5th.

I was SHOCKED when I woke up to see fed actually won that 5th :wow:

Wow what a legend. Both of them :wow:
Truly amazing.

Love this sport. Congrats to the GOAT :pimp:

Friggin amazing.

Honestly I think fed wants to pull a legit Sampras. Meaning he wants his last slam trophy to be the first one he ever won and then go. He's got his eyes on Wimbledon for sure.

Stumbling into work at 8:30 am after staying up the whole night 
tired.gif

WHAT A MATCH! The level of tennis by both Rafa and Roger were amazing. So happy to have watched such an unexpected Finals!

Caught the tail end of the Fed/Rafa match.

Good stuff.

Seeing play like really makes me miss having a tennis video game.

Would love if a next Top Spin game was made.

Despite being one of the better tennis games around, there were still issues about it that bugged me... like the little details of the equipment, the player animations, the technical side of the sport that didn't look right to me.  Oh well.  Tennis, ultimately, is still a bit of a niche sport.

Anyway, photoset.

2017+Australian+Open+Day+14+RTdNKnqu87ex.jpg

2017+Australian+Open+Day+14+U3IabOboy6sx.jpg

That was probably the best I've ever seen Fed hit his BH.

2017+Australian+Open+Day+14+JFaLAw6MAfjx.jpg

2017+Australian+Open+Day+14+V1VECXHoAZTx.jpg

2017+Australian+Open+Day+14+EXZFVpItTFXx.jpg

2017+Australian+Open+Day+14+bKvS1SxD602x.jpg

Wanted Rafa to win.. but couldn't even muster a single ounce of hate for Fed.

Fed's speech was amazing, so classy.  Both are classy athletes.

I'm not the biggest tennis follower, but would guys say Fed and Rafa are a class above Novak and Murray? 

I wonder if Rafa will get close to Fed's 18... although Rafa style seems more taxing on his body.

Oh and.. watch the end when he call his girl a WildCard lol

I'm not the biggest tennis follower, but would guys say Fed and Rafa are a class above Novak and Murray?

Fed is the GOAT. No one is touching him right now.

Nadal is definitely above Murray and it will stay that way.

Legacy-wise, Nadal is still above Novak, but Novak will surpass him eventually.

I actually think that when it's all and done, Djokovic will be in the running for GOAT.

If you say roger is the goat then what does that make nadal who has had the edge in their matchups? The goat slayer?

Nadal's best chance will be to nab a few more French Opens in the next few years. It's gonna be tough for him (and Fed) to reach the finals on hard courts again if the top two guys (Djokovic, Murray) don't choke in the early rounds. And that's not even considering Wawrinka, who I have no doubt could wash all of these guys except for Fed in any GS match.

At the moment, when Roger and Rafa will retire, tennis won't be the same. They are so special for the sport and have a huge impact.

No disrespect to Murray, but if Murray retires tomorrow, no one would really miss him.

Fed is the GOAT. No one is touching him right now.

Nadal is definitely above Murray and it will stay that way.

Legacy-wise, Nadal is still above Novak, but Novak will surpass him eventually.

I actually think that when it's all and done, Djokovic will be in the running for GOAT.
The Goat Slayer in that case would be Djoker. He has a winning head to head count against both of them.
@aepps20  need to stop passing out free drinks man. lol. 
roll.gif

JK. 

Call me crazy, but I think Djokovic is capable of winning 6 more slams to match Fed's record.

I was sarcastically answering his question lol. Federer is the GOAT until somebody gets 19. I didn't think anybody counted head to head matchups in the equation.

Back
Top Bottom