The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

Wow. Would have not thought it would be 3-0. Pretty dominant.

Dunno if I'd call it "dominant"... Nole was pretty poor. Andy did just enough.

Was thinking that, truly grueling match.

Djokers conditioninghas never been questioned though, great game just now.

Actually Djoka would have a few more ships under his belt if his conditioning was better in his earlier years

Nothing has made me more upset than seeing this smug **** Murray actually win at Wimbledon. **** this.

how does ESPN get the first interview with Andy over BBC Sports?? 
laugh.gif

Joka was awful today. At one point he had 18 winners to 31 unforced errors lol, dunno what he finished w

That last game though

Yeah, you're just getting the BBC feed and can add extra things. That was the BBC interview I guess.

Joka was awful today. At one point he had 18 winners to 31 unforced errors lol, dunno what he finished w

That last game though

Disappointed by Novak today but I expect him to take this on the chin and come back strong at the US

Del Po taking that US Open, again

Djoka may have been slightly exposed today

Meh, congrats to Andy I suppose 
laugh.gif

And just for the record the actual temp on court was well over 40°C  ...the hottest final since 1976 apparently.

Last edited:
laugh.gif

And just for the record the actual temp on court was well over 40°C
 ...the hottest final since 1976 apparently.

Wow. I mean, 80 degrees in England is like 110 in the United States anyways lol

laugh.gif

And just for the record the actual temp on court was well over 40°C  ...the hottest final since 1976 apparently.
that is bloody scorching!

when I was over there a few weeks ago, the temp was in the teens the entire time 
laugh.gif
sick.gif

Was thinking that, truly grueling match.

Djokers conditioninghas never been questioned though, great game just now.
Actually Djoka would have a few more ships under his belt if his conditioning was better in his earlier years

Nothing has made me more upset than seeing this smug **** Murray actually win at Wimbledon. **** this.
Nah, IMO, I never felt that he was a smug guy... I like him as well as Nole & Rafa, so it's not a fan-boy thing.  If anything, his seemingly lack-of-emotion is what drives people away sometimes... as well as his on-court rants towards his team, which people don't like to see. It's gotten better with the addition of Lendl though.

The BBC recently aired a documentary about him... showing a very emotional side of him we've never seen. Quite revealing, actually. 

Back
Top Bottom