The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

Connors' is still a douche though... 
eyes.gif

Interesting rumor that Caro might be working with Hogstedt... very interesting.

Meanwhile, a new chapter in Fed's career... sporting a new stick for Hamburg.

Caro and Thomas are a good fit. Really Interested to see how Chrissy commentates Maria matches given Jimmy's tell all book disclosing her abortion.

Marion just retired tonight. Happy that she fulfilled her dream of winning Wimbledon.

Au revoir Marion. I'm still depressed from Wimbledon, but yeah it'll be a shame to not see her kooky mannerisms on the tour again, wish her all the best for the future. 

Last edited:
Shocking stuff.  I was never a fan, but happy she was able to end her career on the ultimate-high... 

Marion+Bartoli+Western+Southern+Open+Day+4+KSsqXPQwBV7x.jpg

Last edited:
I was shocked to hear the news that Bartoli retired , I read a tweet saying she retired thinking she lost a match. Good luck to Bartoli.

any one know the difference between tickets for the us open I'm thinking about going but there are different locations as Arthur Ashe court plus 2 more courts I don't get it, then there is grounds admission I'm confused.

i saw the article this morning too, thought she retired from a match or something.
still haven't read it tho :lol:

I think everyone thought that... "Oh, I hope she recovers in time for the US Open..."

I bet dollars to donuts that it was all the damage her body took from years of her dad's training methods.

Bartoli leaving on top, nothing but respect for the woman. Had Lisicki beating her in the Wimby final because of the way she slammed through the field but Bartoli dominated her from the first set. A lot of young talent on the women's side so it's all good.

Sloane need to get it together come grand slam time, she stays beating top players when it doesn't matter.

I respect her and her dad for doing things their way but the training techniques never looked safe. I can only imagine the strain her body was under when you factor in her training plus her naturally bigger frame. SMH

nerd.gif

‏@christophclarey

Unconfirmed but Times of London reports Maria Sharapova has dismissed new coach Jimmy Connors after one match (and one loss) #tennis

Sharapova strikes me as privately crazy.

Like she handles the media well and is cordial with opponents but something in her eyes just tells me she has murder fantasies.

****** always wanna blame the coach though, she just hasn't been playing good tennis for a while now don't think it had anything to do with Connors.

It's official.

Pro-athletes... they're always a bit nutty... but no, I don't think it's reasonable to say that she fired him cuz of that loss.  As cliche as it sounds, I do think it probably came down to different philosophies, tactics, methods, goals, strategies, whatever.  She lost that match cuz she had a bad day at the office... 62 unforced errors.  It happens.  As crazy as she might be, firing her coach cuz of that just doesn't make any sense. 

Meanwhile... 
laugh.gif

@bartoli_marion 

My last half squat !!!! 

BRzOZt9CYAAca9-.jpg:large

I don't know what she was expecting. She didn't even give him a chance.

Lol.
@andyroddick

Who took the under on a match and a half for Connors/Sharapova ??  If you did, congrats on your newfound wealth .... You smell terrific

Back
Top Bottom