The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

Has anyone been following De Minaur? Dude has been so fun to watch. Nothing fazes him. Thought the way he lost at Brisbane would crush him, but that clearly isn't the case. Hope he makes a deep run at the open.

I saw some chatter about his last few matches... kid's having one helluva run. Watched the end of his match vs Paire and he looked impressive.

^

This morning's match is a perfect example of what I mean. They were on serve through the first 8 games and he ends up facing a break in the 9th, and instead of taking the easy cross-court forehand winner, he bypasses it for a shot down the line that he misses. Paire ends up serving out the set with ease.

More times than not, you see players unable to recover from this, and they usually end up dropping the second set, but he responds with consecutive 6-1 sets.

Caught the 3rd set of that final. The kid was down 2 breaks, but was still able to get back on serve. Medvedev was just a bit more solid towards the end, but the kid did well to come back. Impressive.

^

Third set was so much fun. Major props to Medvedev. That was a tough spot to get a win out of.

I'd like to say that I'm surprised Sloane lost but her heart pumps kool aid. Only player mentally weaker than her is Madison which is why she's a grand slam champ. Halep and Aga should be disgusted that they didn't win a slam last year. I really want Sloane to be the heir apparent but her mentality is clownish.

NikeCourt stuff...

#LavaGlow
2018+Australian+Open+Day+1+cVrABM2BtKUx.jpg

2018+Australian+Open+Day+1+qarC2lGJVxZx.jpg

2018+Australian+Open+Day+1+T8ibt8QlMLYx.jpg

2018+Australian+Open+Day+1+LIiS9ZRvSO7x.jpg

2018+Australian+Open+Day+1+TY12ulWJsV3x.jpg

2018+Australian+Open+Day+1+lIc1cp5qD1Nx.jpg

Last edited:
:sick:

I know nike likes to give everyone the same color scheme for slams but a second color combo option would’ve been a nice break from all that pink.

The only thing I hate about AO is that I miss the AO. lol.

Check that. Looked at the sched and looks like I can watch the Nadal Mayer match tonight.

Back
Top Bottom