The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

The upsets in this tourney really just highlight how hard it is to maintain a high level of play year after year

Even though Djokovic is 'only' 6 away from Nadal, he's already pretty much just past his tennis prime, and it's only gonna get tougher to win titles from here on out

Halepeño!!

What a battle from both ladies. It's nice to see Kerber playing well again after a disappointing 2017.

Third Grand Slam final and first Australian Open for both Wozniacki and Halep. I want both ladies to win a Grand Slam, so I'll be happy for whoever wins this final.

Halep-Kerber is wild right now. It's been a rollercoaster since the start of the third set.

I fell asleep and missed the end.

I know kerber had a bad year last year but been wondering how the hell her ranking slipped like 20 spots.

I fell asleep and missed the end.

I know kerber had a bad year last year but been wondering how the hell her ranking slipped like 20 spots.

I didn't really pay much attention in the first two sets but yeah, third set was pretty good.

Yeah right? Haven't been keeping up with WTA rankings but surprised to see her at 21.

I hate that some people are complaining and questioning that Chung retired due to injury, saying he doesn't want it enough. Obviously they don't know how much pain a player is in when they have to retire.

Caroline dominating the match so far

Simona's serve games are not looking good

simona was the better player. woz is such a mental ******. shouldn't have been close in the third set at all, but she blew all of her opportunities to run away with it, only to be saved by a fake MTO for her knee (clearly threw off simona and helped woz break back to get back into it).

quality match for the most part, filled by tremendous drama though. woz finally secured the bag.

that point that woz won to set up championship point, you all need to watch it. superb defense.

wozniacki having a major is kinda weird. Her not having one was sort of her trademark and what she was known for.

it really hurts to be the loser of a match like this. i really hope halep gets one soon, i'm not even a huge fan but she showed me something in this final compared to other times where she would have given up down a set and amid physical problems. she has a great shot at winning RG though so hopefully she gets that one. the camera pan on the losers' face is so sad :lol:

The top players didn’t take advantage of serena being away.
honestly, most of the top 10 is interchangeable anyways. they can all beat each other, except for kiki. you can chalk that up to depth, or the fact that there isn't any dominant force outside the GOAT serena, especially now that sharapova just came back and azarenka has been dealing with her personal issues.

no one in the top 10 really strikes "fear" when you play them . muguruza is probably the closest when she's on, maybe ostapenko if she matures a bit more.

DUi61nVX0AUfhQz.jpg

Back
Top Bottom