The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

^ Would like to see the younger homies make a big splash

They had a great showing at the US Open in the past 2 weeks

DJZ6UUUVoAAtq6D.jpg

Barely watched any tennis since RG, but caught the last few matches. Not seen Rafa play this well on a hard court in a long time. Looked very good vs Delpo and was very clinical (only 11 UFE's) vs Ando.
Hope he can stay healthy.
Happy for Ando too... him and Kelsey seem like genuinely cool people (on social media anyway)... good to see him back from injury.

As for Madi vs Sloane... Sloane is deceptively good. Does a lot of stuff really well... good movement, covers the court, has a bit of margin in her game, while at the same time is able to generate a lot of power when needed and can handle herself at the net. Madi's too hot & cold. Can blast opponents off the court, but can also hit a ton of UFE's and just look pedestrian. Needs more variety and learn when to make changes.

2017+Open+Tennis+Championships+Day+13+xf1-mXSH78Sx.jpg

2017+Open+Tennis+Championships+Day+13+oCh4JV6VVDtx.jpg

LMAO @ the cheque comment...
2017+Open+Tennis+Championships+Day+13+OXPDfnqEE0Ex.jpg

2017+Open+Tennis+Championships+Day+14+gX9Qm8fHmU2x.jpg

2017+Open+Tennis+Championships+Day+14+VH_EZKoYYSrx.jpg

Rafael+Nadal+2017+Open+Tennis+Championships+PVxZt0bY44vx.jpg

Rafael+Nadal+2017+Open+Tennis+Championships+2_fmVjTDX1_x.jpg

Updated version of that childhood pic.
2017+Open+Tennis+Championships+Day+14+oQDnyNDFwPkx.jpg

These guys sure are putting on the emotion for a glorified exhibition tournament lol. I can only imagine what the appearance fees were.

Last edited:
Not just iD's... he gets Fed's outsole w/ carbon shank now.
TIL. Interesting! That's a cool fact to know.

Sinner, do you know where Fed's unique outsole pattern originated from?

uso-17-shoes-bottom-jpg.1982083

Was it the Zoom Vapor 6 or Vapor 7? The carbon shank Roger has had seems like forever now.

The outsole definitely looks different, this was Dimitrov 2016 I think--really shows the outsole & shank well in this pic I found:

promo277026765

Back
Top Bottom