The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

20???? Could you imagine if he didn’t have that three or four year drought where he had no slams?

20???? Could you imagine if he didn’t have that three or four year drought where he had no slams?

Imagine not losing 6 French Opens to Nadal. He would have been had it. None of those were competitive in my opinion. All washes in straight sets if I remember correctly.

He was playing defensive a lot in this match, and he looked like his main strategy was racking up aces and letting Cilic beat himself. He was lucky Cilic unraveled a bit in the last set

Fed back at #1 ranking

Officially the oldest tennis player at 36yo to be #1 (Agassi at 33yo / Serena at 35yo)

Not sure if any of you are watching Miami, I'm a little biased and it kind of should be expected but the crowd for Delpo-Raonic was disgusting. I understand Delpo has a huge fan base and I have no problem with them chanting between points but they were screaming abruptly seconds before Raonic's serve all match. Raonic had to wait for the crowd to settle down to serve so many times. Not to mention the excessive cheering when Raonic serves a fault. Stay classy.

Rant over.

Not sure if any of you are watching Miami, I'm a little biased and it kind of should be expected but the crowd for Delpo-Raonic was disgusting. I understand Delpo has a huge fan base and I have no problem with them chanting between points but they were screaming abruptly seconds before Raonic's serve all match. Raonic had to wait for the crowd to settle down to serve so many times. Not to mention the excessive cheering when Raonic serves a fault. Stay classy.

Rant over.

I was at the match and as a Argentine DelPo fan, even I agree. I apologize for my countrymen, they need to understand that they're not at a soccer match.

I think he was battling injuries at the end of last year? Never got back to 100% while playing AO and other tournaments.

He took the 2nd half of last year off for knee surgery and has struggled to get back to his best since.

Putting things into perspective it makes Federer's easy return from his knee surgery even more ridiculous.

Rant over.

I know I'm late as hell to this, but I think a lot of that was because he got the same treatment the prior week from Fed fans during the Indian Wells final.

Is tennis channel the only network showing the matches? I’m so used to seeing tennis on espn, nbc, or usa network.

Back
Top Bottom