The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

Is tennis channel the only network showing the matches? I’m so used to seeing tennis on espn, nbc, or usa network.

NBC is getting some of the later matches. What sucks is that I have a cable subscripton with the Tennis Channel included, but I don't get access to Tennis Channel Plus because they couldn't come to an authentication agreement with Comcast/Xfinity.

Honestly, ESPN is the perfect network to carry anything tournament related. They have the perfect infrastructure in place. Good news is that Wimbledon is right around the corner, except that means Chris Fowler is back on the call. Yuck.

Anyone watch the Anderson choke job? Cost himself $180k. :sick:

The cynic in me believes Serena was just dodging the beat-down Maria was about to put on her, but I'll give her the benefit of the doubt.

Imagine Serena is pregnant again?! What other news could be super exciting after coming from the doctors?

Rafa wins another FO, ho hum, he's my GOAT.

But in more shocking news...

20180610_115731.png

Awesome seeing the crowd giving him such a lengthy ovation,also touching to see how emotional it still gets himregardless of it being the 11th time he's won there :lol:

The watch he has on now and during the match is :pimp:

Weird that fed would switch after being with nike so long and to uniqlo who has boring tennis clothes. Wonder if he’d still wear nike sneakers or he’d switch that up too.

Roger Federer is said to be leaving his longtime sponsor Nike for a new deal at Uniqlo that will pay him $300 million over 10 years. Federer has been with Nike since 1994; his most recent 10-year deal reportedly paid him somewhere in the ballpark of $10 million annually.

There are, however, two funny wrinkles around this deal. For one: Nike owns the RF logo associated with Federer’s brand, shoes, and clothes. That’s not going with him to Uniqlo. Second: Uniqlo doesn’t make shoes, so Federer will have to sign a separate deal for his on-court gear. ESPN footwear reporter Nick DePaula says that Adidas is the most likely landing spot.

$30 mil a year??? dang, easy reason to leave. however, he wont be playing for another 10 years so not sure how he will be paid?

They’ll keep using Fed well after he retires, like Nike is doin w Mamba line right now

That is a lot of scratch though :lol:

His logo sucks, not like it’d be a big loss not being able to use it. Always made me wonder how much they paid someone to make it by taking out the left side of the letters to his initials.

Back
Top Bottom