The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

Forgot to post this yesterday... 
mean.gif

^ Good luck as there's rain in the forecast.  

And how screwed is Andrew?  They scheduled his 1st round match on Wed night!?  WTH.  With the rain, it looks like he'll be playing on Thurs instead.

1st round on THURS.  That's just ridiculous.  Meanwhile, some of the other players are thru to the 3rd round. 
mean.gif

How is it that Monfils couldn't play through 2 sets last week actually forfeited due to injury but is playing at us open & winning in 3 straight sets lol hes weird

^ It's Monfils! 
laugh.gif
  He retired in last week's final as a precautionary measure just to make sure he's be ok for this week. Who the hell really knows? 
laugh.gif

2013+U+S+Open+Day+3+OyinVp1TzTox.jpg

U+S+Open+Day+3+qt3rCjAWy0Jx.jpg

U+S+Open+Day+3+Kq_af26PRg1x.jpg

U+S+Open+Day+3+Rzc1Qg_mJlux.jpg

U+S+Open+Day+3+0mnx4-mGE4Ex.jpg

U+S+Open+Day+3+y--kH45106Xx.jpg

U+S+Open+Day+3+Lr8lg3Q9UNxx.jpg

U+S+Open+Day+3+E6RiAGWuFldx.jpg

U+S+Open+Day+3+hT61j60RiXCx.jpg

U+S+Open+Day+3+7-M7dttZcexx.jpg

U+S+Open+Day+3+DA64x7uymgMx.jpg

U+S+Open+Day+3+XbKPqt-pxQYx.jpg

Last edited:
Always a fan of Li Na's nicely tanned thighs.

What is Hingis doing out there?

That James Blake loss was brutal. Tough way to go out.

Interested to see how injured Monfils really is. Him and Isner will be a good match.

That James Blake loss was brutal. Tough way to go out.
This, man.

*sigh*

This.

And I'm not even a fan of dude. But I'm not... 'not a fan', know what I mean? But him announcing his retirement before that Open, watching him go from up 2-0 to a tie... and have it end w/ a complete disappearing act in the tiebreak... that was rough...

... BUT...

I feel like that's Blake. I feel like he's a nice dude, class act, great talent, but doesn't have that killer instinct. Stuff went right by him in the tiebreak that he was putting away in those first two sets, not to mention hardly even attacking the net.

Was definitely tough to watch, mostly because I was watching someone who wanted the pain to end before it was over as opposed to watching someone who was determined to go down fighting hard and still just losing.

Cue M. Bison gif.

They move so nicely. Was also a fan of Dementieva's. Got me sweating when I watched her matches.

Close to none. Monfeces is not about that life. When the going gets tough he folds like a cheap lawn chair.

Back
Top Bottom