The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

She's making a comeback this year. She beat Sofia Kenin at a World Team Tennis exhibition before tennis resumed.

^ I think Maria beats Serena in three sets again.

Hate to see Maddie withdraw with neck injury. Still way too many UFE, always trying to paint the lines with pace.

Really looking forward to Berrettini vs. Rublev USO rematch on Monday. Won't be straights this time. Matteo a dark horse to win the whole thing, if you didn't pick the typical "Nole" or Medvedev (or Thiem).

^ Rubbed me the wrong way too. "Nole" downplaying the virus with his actions and his parents blaming other players like Dimitrov. Just ugly all around.

Now we're getting a first-time Slam winner on the men's side. Medvedev, Thiem and Sascha gotta be salivating.

Edit:
TBF, if that's John Thompson or any other player not named Djokovic, the default decision comes much quicker.

Last edited:
^ Rubbed me the wrong way too. "Nole" downplaying the virus with his actions and his parents blaming other players like Dimitrov. Just ugly all around.

Now we're getting a first-time Slam winner on the men's side. Medvedev, Thiem and Sascha gotta be salivating.

Edit:
TBF, if that's John Thompson or any other player not named Djokovic, the default decision comes much quicker.

Him and his parents were scumbags for that.

^ I think Maria beats Serena in three sets again.

Hate to see Maddie withdraw with neck injury. Still way too many UFE, always trying to paint the lines with pace.

Really looking forward to Berrettini vs. Rublev USO rematch on Monday. Won't be straights this time. Matteo a dark horse to win the whole thing, if you didn't pick the typical "Nole" or Medvedev (or Thiem).

I wouldn't bet on that. She usually ups the level from the gate in the rematch.

Naomi locked in RN. If the hammy holds up, her tourney to lose, IMO.

Shapo gave Goffin that work after first-set tiebreaker. You could feel the Belgian deflate after the first, early break in third set. Canadians putting on. :emoji_flag_ca: FAA & Pospisil up next.

Back
Top Bottom