The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

novak tried to downplay it saying she doesnt need to go to the hospital to avoid getting a default :lol:

Brad Gilbert was being a 🤡 and trying to justify what happened . Glad Chris and Renae stopped that nonsense in its tracks. He was saying he wished the umpire had a video but then said based on the video and the rule clown would've still been DQd

Roland Garros trying to have fans at the French. Covid about to FEAST. French Open will forever be a second tier slam with these antics.

2020 wylin’. We got Jen Brady in a USO semi. Her serve was on point all match.

In for Osaka sicko mode & Shapo TN. Have a feeling Coric upsets Sascha in five. Zverev’s forehand & serve liable to waiver.

It does feel tainted on the men's side because of Joker's default, but I agreed with the call.

-foe

I also agree w/ Team Eff Djoker, but it does feel tainted on the men's side.

-foe

i dont see how serena injured her ankle but looks wise she looks done... she was limping to her chair to get the trainer to help her...vika looks like she has the momentum but hopefully im wrong... i rather serena lose here than in the finals... hopefully she wins the whole thing but it looks bleek

Man earlier today i was like ok serena/osaka got a chance to do it again. I had this slight moment i said to myself somethin prob go wrong :smh:

I used to they were loud when there were fans but man!!!!

serena might be like the female version of federer where in this generation shes the goat but she just wont win anymore unfortunately...kinda sad she wont tie the record but she still had a great career and 2nd most chips is not so bad

pissed Serena lost, but I wouldn't count this as #24 anyways so I hope she gets in better shape for the French and hopefully all players come to play

serena might be like the female version of federer where in this generation shes the goat but she just wont win anymore unfortunately...kinda sad she wont tie the record but she still had a great career and 2nd most chips is not so bad

Considering Court's "record" was racked up in the pre open era, Serena doesn't need the record in my opinion because Steffi was considered to be the GOAT before and she was shy of Court's record.

pissed Serena lost, but I wouldn't count this as #24 anyways so I hope she gets in better shape for the French and hopefully all players come to play
I don't count this nonsense happening in New York as a grand slam. Too many top players are out and this seems like a money grab from the USTA.

I don't count this nonsense happening in New York as a grand slam. Too many top players are out and this seems like a money grab from the USTA.

Yeah whoever was gonna win, I'm not really counting it. There's a big a** asterisk next to this championship. Will be for the French too if a lot of players opt out

Serena showed vulnerability against Sakkari & Pironkova. Playing 9 sets in three consecutive rounds. With the short turnaround into the semi. Vika pounced & took advantage.

Medvedev vs. Thiem should be a great match. Hope we get five sets. I think most are picking Sascha against PCB, but you never know with the way Zverev has wavered and disappointed in Slams past.

Hopefully Vika will win the final!

Wouldn’t be surprised, if PCB wins against Zverev. He played very good and seems to be confident.

Medvedev -Thiem could be a crazy 5 set match. Very intense. I’m rooting for Medvedev and hope, that he’s got enough energy.

Back
Top Bottom