The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

The way Isto plays the court is incredible but sometimes he tries to outwit too much, might cost him this game

Li Na is getting some of what SCN got except she might nibble at the bagel once or twice.
Nah son. Li Na is one of the few players who can beat Serena. Should be a close match
Yep. Serena will still be the heavy favorite, but if anyone can give her a run for her money, it'll be Li Na and Vika.  They both certainly have the firepower to do so... it'll come down to their mental toughness... certainly for Li. 

You never know with Serena. She can be tearing up an entire tournament but when she can get off her game randomly and all of a sudden lose it. She definitely is the favorite but you never know. I think the only person who can really try to upset her is Vika. Li Na has to play a perfect game. Vika would definitely like some revenge from last year.

Celebrity edition again.

U+S+Open+Day+9+VBcwZ9xI1oUx.jpg

U+S+Open+Day+9+OSY_NMg0aGHx.jpg

U+S+Open+Day+9+9nHue_9ZsyGx.jpg

U+S+Open+Day+9+NyBwp-qtL0Vx.jpg

U+S+Open+Day+9+4lhlhD3iGCPx.jpg

U+S+Open+Day+9+TyJKh3quwbyx.jpg

U+S+Open+Day+9+wZx4elxBF9Rx.jpg

Hopefully making it home for the better part of Rafa's quarter match. Predicting straight sets. 6-4, 6-3, 6-3.

96-5 since last years French.... I couldn't believe it when I heard that stat last night for Serena.

Weren't a lot of pics of her... 

Not too familiar with her game...

Alison+Riske+2013+Open+Day+6+dyTRv9Nk1nox.jpg

Alison+Riske+2013+Open+Day+6+Y23J2DG7qysx.jpg

Last edited:
That Tomas/Stan match was great. Both ripping shots all over the court. I could see Andy going down in that matchup.

Moderately surprised Pennetta upset her fellow Italian.

Looking like another Serena/Vika final. I know I'm looking ahead and being presumptuous.

Li Na taking a set off Serena would be nice, especially early.

Gasquet is not beating Ferrer after his physical five setter with Raonic. The Spaniard in four. Defense too good. His serve improved. Will to win.

Serena going to finish the Open in straight sets.

Was blessed to finally attend the open yesterday, was a beautiful time. Went to the day session so I got to see Vika get challenged and a great match with Li Na. Nole was just out there having a regular day at the office, Granollers had nothing for that man.

The Spaniard burnt out in his comeback against the American.

You got to see Ana live, in person. Invokes jealousy.

My boy caught the Muzz and Isto match.

Boy, was I wrong. Gasquet is frying with the backhand.

Ferrer is visibly frustrated. Didn't challenge on a second serve for break point, that was in fact out by a comfortable margin. In the second set when the set was still winnable for the Spaniard.

The Spaniard burnt out in his comeback against the American.

You got to see Ana live, in person. Invokes jealousy.

My boy caught the Muzz and Isto match.

Yea you can't have three 5 set matches in a row then go against the world number one.

She was beautiful g wow, looks even better up close. I could watch her play win or lose any day, she has a lot of fight in her as well which wins her even more points. Vika was just the more skilled player, her drop shots were unreal.

Back
Top Bottom