The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

Players you do support?

I'm Rafa first and foremost.

Tsonga, Raonic, Kei.

After Feds, I enjoy players with unconventional games

Kohlschreiber, Tipsarevic, del Potro sometimes

Can't stand big dudes who can serve and do nothing else (Isner, Raonic), and also Ferrer is an eyesore to the game of tennis :x

15 Winners?! dude is straight up pusher
roll.gif
He was one, but to be fair, he's improved on that a lot over the past year or two. He's certainly more aggressive than pre-Lendl.  15 winners vs Stan was simply because he couldn't get anything going... missing a lot of shots... hitting lots of errors. Stan was playing way too well and couldn't miss. 

Andy+Murray+US+Open+Day+11+WuieDcQhX4nx.jpg

Stanislas+Wawrinka+Open+Day+11+hrBRsRlENNxx.jpg

US+Open+Day+11+r7zuApBrr2Tx.jpg

US+Open+Day+11+kiA4cSJnuNQx.jpg

Exos

US+Open+Day+11+NyaqNZprqbPx.jpg

US+Open+Day+11+F6caFknQu1gx.jpg

US+Open+Day+11+rujukiNjwF2x.jpg

US+Open+Day+11+A0jHntiuImhx.jpg

Bushes

US+Open+Day+11+3WKoHzmfKFYx.jpg

With Fed out, surprised she stuck around.

US+Open+Day+11+wE_Q0GnRJvCx.jpg

US+Open+Day+11+8ClX_wXIXbtx.jpg

US+Open+Day+11+fhmbVfdfk4nx.jpg

US+Open+Day+11+aVuRbIdNBZVx.jpg

US+Open+Day+11+vT_c67N8F3Fx.jpg

Mikhail+Youzhny+US+Open+Day+11+_HCttY8hvj2x.jpg

US+Open+Day+11+nTb31ZFgZ56x.jpg

US+Open+Day+11+aZgmfWxa4VQx.jpg

US+Open+Day+11+geetG238FH6x.jpg

US+Open+Day+11+d1UnWKgZNt6x.jpg

US+Open+Day+11+2K8GUvjnnp3x.jpg

I love Ferrer's game. No quit in that man. Smaller stature with less power than most modern players. Elite defense and return on the serve.

Raonic is much more than a big server. He's elevated his game tremendously, and the US Open was nearly his coming out party if he managed to finish off Gasquet. I would like to see him dial down the second serve to eliminate foolish double faults.

Stan def. has a better shot at Nole, than Richie does at Rafa.  If we can see a repeat of their 4th rd match at the Aussie Open, that would be epic... at the same time, it could play right into the hands of Rafa.  

Milos is still too erratic at times. He has a huge serve and forehand, which are great weapons, but his returns are mediocre at best... plus there are still too many errors.  He's a big guy so mobility can always be better. 

I don't see why Milos can't elevate his game to the tier directly after Rafa, Nole, Muzz, and Fed. The tools and power are there for growth. Dial down the second serve for placement instead.

Nole lets the Open crowd impact his game too much for my liking. Nothing has changed since Roddick accused him of faking injuries a few years ago.

My dude Dwight! 
eek.gif

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

Damn, I would have liked to watch that, but it's blocked in the UK, guess I'll have to wait and hope someone puts it on youtube.

Last edited:
What timing for work to be done on the house, knocked out the power and Internet lines.

Seems the Italian is hanging tough.

Good thing I'll be in NYC tomorrow for the men's semis. Sipping on different cold beers at Biergarten.

Flavia doing reasonably well, but just unable to hang with Vika on some of the more crucial points. Vika not at her best, but doing just enough.

Back
Top Bottom