The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

I heard it was super-exclusive... only sold at the tournament... I wanna say $500 retail, but I'm not 100% sure.

Novak was done after he choked away that third set. Disappointing for him after he didn't play well in that Wimbledon final. 

Fun tournament though, good to see Stan the Man play well. 

1000x.jpg

Adidas f'ed up big time in not renewing Djokes contract when he still had full sponsorship with them. And I think that was right before he began his tear a year and a half ago

Adidas f'ed up big time in not renewing Djokes contract when he still had full sponsorship with them. And I think that was right before he began his tear a year and a half ago

I like seeing him wear the Uniqlo stuff. Simple but clean. Way better than the brand before (don't know the name) that gave him shirts and hats with dragons printed on them. That stuff was horrible.

I think the story at the time was that Adi had to choose between Murray or Djokovic... 

Incredibly happy for Rafa. After Wimbledon, after the knee injuries, after the naysayers.

I expect a monster 2014 in chasing Fed's record.

Nole will only elevate his game to match Rafa, as all great champions do in making adjustments.

Three strong women in Rafa's life: Mother, sister, Xisca.

Nole will have to elevate/alter his game, as Rafa and Andy have done so, if he's to keep up with Rafa.   We saw him come-in more during the final, but it just didn't work.  Maybe it was down to shot-selection and choosing the right approach to come-in on, but at least he's trying.  Interesting to see the evolution of their games. 

Very surprised by two things: Nole dropping the third set, and the in-effectiveness of his backhand.

Some tennis analysts believe Muzz lacks the firepower to remain in the elite echelon with Rafa and Nole. Whether it be mental fortitude or just downright tennis pedigree.

Love the evolution in Rafa's game. Increased offense, shortening points when necessary, up the velocity on the serve.

Who's next to take a jump, Ferrer (who had a bad season for his standards)? Probably not. Stan seems more likely.

Another year and still waiting on Raonic, Tsonga, Nishikori.

Murray isn't on Nole or Rafa level IMO, he's had a really good run these last two years but we will see. I think Del Po can take the next step also like Jerzey. Rafa is just an absolute animal, still feel like a fool for not betting on him in 4 sets for +400. Even though I had the vision, my love for Nole wouldn't allow me to make a rational decision :lol:

Was a great tournament, need more tennis.

He definitely does feel older :lol:

Was very disappointed in Jerzy performance, he showed promise at Wimby. Still has an ungodly serve and good mobility for being such a big player. Stan really impressed me, will be watching him closely.

I like seeing him wear the Uniqlo stuff. Simple but clean. Way better than the brand before (don't know the name) that gave him shirts and hats with dragons printed on them. That stuff was horrible.

Sergio Tacchini :lol: Heard they were late on payments so Djoke's camp switched to Uniqlo

I like Uniqlo's stuff too, while some of Adidas's gear is not bad either.

Who do you guys think will spearhead the next generation of players? The current crop of top players is already in its tennis prime (or nearing the end of it), but I'm not seeing anyone in his early 20s who stands out.

I like Dimitrov's game though.

They built a huge one at my local mall, I'll check it out.

To answer your question, Raonic. Monster serve and forehand for winners. He'll improve in other aspects of his game. Tennis IQ, when to dial down the second serve. Missed a golden chance against Gasquet, who was ripping with the one-handed backhand.

Back
Top Bottom