The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

^ Seen that demo for the new PLAY Babolats?  Interesting bit of technology.

This happened a few weeks back, but forgot to mention it in here... Michael Chang coaching Kei Nishikori!  Talk about throwback. 

Yeah that new Babolat racket is crazy. Also crazy expensive.

So wish I could play on clay. Just one time. Random thought.

^ Yeah, me too.  At least you guys have Har-Tru.  The closest we have is a really-sandy astro-court! 

The biggest problem is getting that red-crap all over my kicks! LOL 

Counting down to the Australian, boys.

Goodbye, sleep. Goodbye, nagging women.

I'm full focused, man. Tennis on my mind. Rafa's King of the French but he's still on the grind.

Wow... Edberg joins Fed's coaching-team.

Rafa to bring on Borg!? 
nerd.gif

Anyone watch the Genie-Aga match?  Highly entertaining!  Genie made quite a few errors, but both girls were very impressive.  

Last year, we saw Agassi return to Nike and the release of a Wimbledon and US Open edition of the Air Tech Challenge II.  Any info on a possible ATCII for the Australian Open 2014?  Andre was a 4x Champion there. 

10 days, bros.

Got the coffee, Red Bull, 5-Hour Energy on deck like my crib is a Costco.

Last edited:
Family friend is going (college student) and he doesn't even know what sport the event is.

Hopefully work sends me to Flushing Meadows this Summer.

My guy ChampCruThik got his popcorn ready. The Oz open is my favorite major of the year. Vika, Li, S. Williams and Sharpy are going to be great this year.

My guy ChampCruThik got his popcorn ready. The Oz open is my favorite major of the year. Vika, Li, S. Williams and Sharpy are going to be great this year.
More ready than Derrick Rose, brotha.

Ruffles Cheddar and Sour Cream are my weakness.

ChampCruThik who do you think is going to have a breakout year on the men's and women's sides?

My hope? Raonic, Kei, Dimitrov. You?

Looking for Jerzy, Almagro, and Fognini to take the next step.

Dimitrov for sure and Tsonga. Halep and Dominika Cibulková. I think Sloane will drop off. She doesn't have the drive and she is always blaming others for her losses.

Dimitrov for sure and Tsonga. Halep and Dominika Cibulková. I think Sloane will drop off. She doesn't have the drive and she is always blaming others for her losses.
Very good choice in Halep.

I'll go Jamie Hampton, Madison Keys, and Monica Puig.

Madison keys is an excellent choice. I'll say Taylor Townsend. I know she has some fitness issues and she hasn't played too many pro events but she reminds me of Lindsay Davenport where once she gets in a little better shape she'll be a beast.

I must say, I'm not entirely convinced with Maddy Keys just yet.  I kinda wanna rate Sloane above her.  Maybe Annacone will straighten her out.   Same thoughts regarding Taylor... fitness def an issue.  Has the power and game, but could very well end up like a Ryan Harrison or worse, Donald Young.  

And let's not forget Genie Bouchard!  Watched a couple of her Hopman Cup matches and while still a bit rusty, her power was impressive.  Same for Robson.

Anyway... 

cD01MzI2MDczMmU1MGQ1NTlmMWJhYWNjZjk0YTYzOGM2MyZnPTJiZGNiZWM3MjE4YTNhNjEyYmQ0ODkxNDgzNWU5ZTU0

2014+Brisbane+International+Day+7+mPjGOv0Ye9Ux.jpg

BdIelrKCYAAXlPM.jpg:large

Back
Top Bottom