The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

Jamie Hampton because of her shot-making.

I'm perfectly fine with Maddy taking a backseat to Genie and Robson. She'll operate and perform better without the pressure and hype.

Puig didn't finish 2013 strong or positively, but she's only 20.

WNCrk8

Great match between Delpo and Novack right now

Last edited:
^ What match is this?  Don't think they're playing an exo or anything...

Anyway, good win for Rusty... still grinding it out.

cD01MzI2MDczMmU1MGQ1NTlmMWJhYWNjZjk0YTYzOGM2MyZnPWM4ZTFkNTg5OWYyMWU1OWM1Yjk1OTJkZDg1ZTE0NGM0

cD01MzI2MDczMmU1MGQ1NTlmMWJhYWNjZjk0YTYzOGM2MyZnPWFmYzBmNDI1MzhjOWI3NWU3ZTAxNzU4NzBkNDljNzBh

Good, entertaining match between Rafa and Monfils too...

cD01MzI2MDczMmU1MGQ1NTlmMWJhYWNjZjk0YTYzOGM2MyZnPTI2OTQxNjZhMTNlZDVhYTYyZmY4ZGY1NGE0YzM5OTRm

Last edited:
It's nice to see Ana Ivanovic finally win a title.  First one since 2011, which is quite a long time in tennis years.  I remember she was close a few times last year (ex: the match vs Li Na where she was up 5-2 in the third set but ended up losing), but could never win the last few points.  Great start to the year for her for sure!

Last edited:
eek.gif
 Rafa's draw!  Plus the organizers decided to put him on Court 13 in his 1st round vs. Tomic!?  Really??? 
mean.gif

Rafa, Murray, Delpo, Fed... all in the same half.  Nole's to lose! 

Can someone please post a link to the draw? I am high on Wawrinka taking this one, if he gets the right draw. Thanks!

Nvm found it. Wow, what an easy draw for Berd****....should make Final 8 there,

Wawa tough draw, Pospisil in the round of 16 will be a dogfight. Then to face Novak in the Final 8...ouch. Get through that though and he could make finals easily (obviously I guess)

eek.gif
 Rafa's draw!  Plus the organizers decided to put him on Court 13 in his 1st round vs. Tomic!?  Really??? 
mean.gif

Rafa, Murray, Delpo, Fed... all in the same half.  Nole's to lose! 
It's gonna be an interesting bracket, really a bracket of death except Nole.

Nole's toughest opponent I would say would be Wawrinka, I love that guy cause he has so much heart.

Hope Nole loses to be honest. 

Last year's finals were amazing especially the Li Na vs Azarenka match i still remember the fireworks going off during play :lol: it interrupted the match.

i hope Nadal wins and Azarenka

only 2 days :pimp: no sleep

Rooting for Serena and Novak even though Joker has a cakewalk to the finals. Hopefully Rodger gets his swag back and beats somebody ranked higher than him in this tournament.

I wouldn't mind seeing Rafa win it... get that double-career-slam.   Tough, tough road though.  

Why, that's Genie Bouchard!

cD01MzI2MDczMmU1MGQ1NTlmMWJhYWNjZjk0YTYzOGM2MyZnPWU5NzNkZTc3ZTA1ODEyYWNiMGNhMzYzMmI4ODk4NDZl

cD01MzI2MDczMmU1MGQ1NTlmMWJhYWNjZjk0YTYzOGM2MyZnPThkMDJmOGJiNDg3MDJlNjljOWM0MDg2MjY2NGQ1YTc3

I wouldn't mind seeing Rafa win it... get that double-career-slam.   Tough, tough road though.  

Why, that's Genie Bouchard!
Not too shabby when she's only the top ranked Canadian WTA player...
roll.gif

She's got a lot of potential, only 19!

Patrick Rafter coming out of retirement for the Aussie Open to play doubles with Hewitt :smoking

One of my fav player to watch while growing up

Did you guys see the video Azarenka posted of her and Roger playing doubles holding hands?  That was funny.

Australian Open starts tomorrow, should be awesome!

Hoping that Roger can make a good run in this tournament, hopefully to at least the Quarterfinals.  

Also hoping that Ana Ivanovic can build off of the momentum of her tournament win last week and can make a run into the tournament.

Ernests Gulbis I feel is a dark horse.  If he is hitting well, he can pull off an upset or two.  

Nadal vs Tomic will be a great match for sure.  Sucks that Tomic has to face Nadal in the first round, but he always seems to play his best at in Australia so it should be entertaining.

Back
Top Bottom