The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

Vika really blew the season losing here. She's not a threat on clay or grass smh. We won't hear from her again until the US Open.

Errors by Li now... 
mean.gif

Take nothing for granted!!! 

Vamos. Grigor will rue the two missed (wide) shots in the third tiebreaker. Especially the (forehand) shot that I believe went wide to Rafa's right, Nadal wasn't getting there to return the ball. Would have been 7-5 Dimitrov in the tiebreaker, up two sets to one with Rafa battling blisters, heat, and pressure. That was Dimitrov's golden opportunity. He's coming on stronger, quicker than Nishikori and Raonic. Up the conditioning and develop more consistency.

I don't think Berdych stands a chance the way Stan has been playing tennis since the '13 US Open. Maybe it's my bias against Tomas, haven't been a fan since the Almagro incident(s). Some of the backhand winners Stan was strafing past Nole's right made my jaw drop. The pace and accuracy. Stan in 4. Rafa in 4 over Fed, even with the new, improved racquet.

Ever impressed with Aga's mobility and court coverage. You'd have to believe this is Li Na's best opportunity with her past success at the Aussie and Masha, Vika, Serena out. I kinda want Genie to win, feel good story but Li Na faces Aga in the Final for me. Li Na beats Genie in straight sets, Aga wins in three.

Happy to see challengers throw their best to unseat Nole, Masha, Vika, and Serena.

My coworker bashed both my favorite young up-and-comers. Said Nishikori will be a poor man's Ferrer because he lacks power or one strong weapon on the tennis court to expose opponents. Good at everything, but master of nothing. Speed may not be enough. He also claimed Milos will always rely on a big serve and not evolve/take the next step, similar to Isner and Jerzy.

aepps: Great call on Cibulkova. Can't believe she beat Halep like that, dominating fashion with relative ease. Wouldn't be surprised if Dominika messed around and upsets Aga in three sets.

Waiting for my picks to hit: Hampton, Keys, Puig.

I'm sorry my friend, but Nishikori isnt the player you believe he is. Either is Raonic. And I am very big fans of both

Congrats to SP and the other Li Na fans on the victory and Final appearance.

Proud of Genie. Showed fight in the second set, couldn't hold her service games multiple times. Didn't lay over, perhaps tremendous nerves in the first set which ultimately cost her the match.

Let's see if aepps is right about Dominika. I'm square in Aga's camp, just love her mobility and court coverage. Some of the points won against Vika still amaze me.

Not about that life to stay up for Stan/Berdych.

Cibulkova is not playing. Controlled aggression right off the bat. Dictating pace.

Feels like a quick turnaround for Aga.

We get 3 sets either way.

Back
Top Bottom