The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

Federer is 8-0 against Stan on outdoor hardcourts, their sole AO match (in 2011) going 6-1 6-3 6-3.

Nadull is 5-0 against Stan on outdoor hardcourts, their sole AO match (in 2007) going 6-2 6-2 6-2.

laugh.gif
 You should see the tennis-forums... the bickering is on another level. 

:lol:  You should see the tennis-forums... the bickering is on another level. 

QFT people take things too far and get too emotional on those forums. I prefer talking about tennis here because everyone is really chill and we don't have a bunch of fanboys acting like they actually know these players.

:lol:  You should see the tennis-forums... the bickering is on another level. 

:rofl:

I mean I'm the furthest thing from a Nadal fan, but to call him naDULL is just disrespectful to the kid. :lol: Even I can acknowledge, that he is truly something special, a world class athlete with the heart of a lion, extremely skilled and blessed with natural ability.

lotta hype up here in canada how good is genie bouchard really?

how much talent does she have, seemed kinda slow to me but I rarely watch tennis beyond nadal/federer or serena matchups.

they hyped Milos as well but he still hasn't really don anything in majors right?

Milos is meh and he's an arrogant prick

He stayed at the hotel I worked at in Newport last summer for the Hall of Fame tournament, I didn't bother him at check in, but when he came down later he asked for a Sushi recommendation, which I gave, then as I was on hold calling the place to make him reservations I started up simple small chat, just telling him how I am a huge tennis fan and that he was one of my favorite players and it was great having a chance to meet all these guys on tour (they all stayed at my hotel - I no longer work in the business so don't have an issue saying this) - anyways, Milos straight up gave me a stoneface 
indifferent.gif
 and said "Ok, just make the reservation"

Most of the tour guys were cool though. Rajeev Ram was there every year, he was the coolest. Right in line with Jack Sock who chatted it up about tennis with me and one of my co workers every time he walked back to the hotel from the courts. Nishkori seemed like a nice guy, John Isner of course is a great guy, absolutely mammoth. Didn't fit in the elevator or anything - largest human I've seen.

99% of the women were cool too. Met Capriata and Seles, Monica was so ******g awesome. I wanted to marry her and I was only 23 
laugh.gif

There is an epic Agassi story I can tell some time about him being possible the #1 douche on the planet, also I'm trying to think of the player who complained about his room the entire time and wanted everything comped. It will come to me soon - it was HILARIOUS. Dude said there were ants in his room, engineers went, no ants. He threw a fit, said there were cockroaches later. No cockroaches, never even heard of that. Especially on the 3rd floor of one of the most prestigious hotels in America/the world

lotta hype up here in canada how good is genie bouchard really?

how much talent does she have, seemed kinda slow to me but I rarely watch tennis beyond nadal/federer or serena matchups.

they hyped Milos as well but he still hasn't really don anything in majors right?
2-0 career record against Ana, and also fellow up-and-comers Puig and Robson.

ESPN analysts love her frame and think her serve can get even better.

Slow start perhaps nerves in the first set doomed Genie against Li Na. She showed resolve and fight back in the second set but simply couldn't hold her service games.

I'm fiercely loyal to Raonic after Rafa of course but he relies too heavily on a powerful serve. Double faults are frustrating. He could be headed the Isner and Jerzy direction. Milos' breakthrough should have come at the 2013 US Open against Gasquet. I'm tempering expectations.

Milos is trash..
You sound like my coworker.

Milos is meh and he's an arrogant prick

He stayed at the hotel I worked at in Newport last summer for the Hall of Fame tournament, I didn't bother him at check in, but when he came down later he asked for a Sushi recommendation, which I gave, then as I was on hold calling the place to make him reservations I started up simple small chat, just telling him how I am a huge tennis fan and that he was one of my favorite players and it was great having a chance to meet all these guys on tour (they all stayed at my hotel - I no longer work in the business so don't have an issue saying this) - anyways, Milos straight up gave me a stoneface :stoneface:  and said "Ok, just make the reservation"

Most of the tour guys were cool though. Rajeev Ram was there every year, he was the coolest. Right in line with Jack Sock who chatted it up about tennis with me and one of my co workers every time he walked back to the hotel from the courts. Nishkori seemed like a nice guy, John Isner of course is a great guy, absolutely mammoth. Didn't fit in the elevator or anything - largest human I've seen.

99% of the women were cool too. Met Capriata and Seles, Monica was so ******g awesome. I wanted to marry her and I was only 23 :lol:

There is an epic Agassi story I can tell some time about him being possible the #1 douche on the planet, also I'm trying to think of the player who complained about his room the entire time and wanted everything comped. It will come to me soon - it was HILARIOUS. Dude said there were ants in his room, engineers went, no ants. He threw a fit, said there were cockroaches later. No cockroaches, never even heard of that. Especially on the 3rd floor of one of the most prestigious hotels in America/the world
You hate to hear stories like this. I won't stop rooting for Ranoic but being a great athlete isn't an excuse to be a piss poor human being.

Hey, what time is 'the match'? It's not on my ESPN app.
January 24th. 3:30 AM EST. ESPN network.

Yeah, I'm definitely gonna give it the ol' college try. 
laugh.gif
 2:30 my time, and I've got work at 6:30. 
embarassed.gif

Used to do the same damn thing w/ Pete and Andre.

Yeah, I'm definitely gonna give it the ol' college try. :lol:  2:30 my time, and I've got work at 6:30. :wow:

Used to do the same damn thing w/ Pete and Andre.
I suggest a power nap. Tried to power through with no sleep last night and crashed after the first set of Stan/Berdych.

I suggest a power nap. Tried to power through with no sleep last night and crashed after the first set of Stan/Berdych.
Doing the same, couldn't make it for any of the 3:30 matches, kept crashing around 2-230 
laugh.gif
 , finally thought "damn, maybe I am getting old"

The Champ match will be easy to stay up for, hit the bars til 2 then come home and cook up something before it starts...I'll make sure I have a few extra beers on deck - I can sleep all day Saturday

Tonight I'm going to try and hit bed around 9pm, be up at 3:30 right for the start...I think I can, I think I can, I think I can

Doing the same, couldn't make it for any of the 3:30 matches, kept crashing around 2-230 :lol:  , finally thought "damn, maybe I am getting old"

The Champ match will be easy to stay up for, hit the bars til 2 then come home and cook up something before it starts...I'll make sure I have a few extra beers on deck - I can sleep all day Saturday

Tonight I'm going to try and hit bed around 9pm, be up at 3:30 right for the start...I think I can, I think I can, I think I can
View media item 762529Box of Sammy Winter for Rafa/Fed.

Yes, I shovel like that.

3:30 is the start time :smh: i got work at 7:30 ill just check the score when i get to work... theres nothing like seeing it live tho cuz rafa vs fed is classic :pimp: hopin rafa comes out on top... pause

3:30 is the start time :smh: i got work at 7:30 ill just check the score when i get to work... theres nothing like seeing it live tho cuz rafa vs fed is classic :pimp: hopin rafa comes out on top... pause
You could always skip results to avoid spoilers and watch the re-air on ESPN in the midday after work.

Back
Top Bottom