The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

That Nadal blister hurts. Will it bother him in the final?

Rafa wins :smile: kinda wanted Roger to win. I'm picking Li Na to beat Dominika.

Should be ok, with that disc-patch.

Rafael+Nadal+2014+Australian+Open+Day+12+ggP71s4Fk16x.jpg

Last edited:
Glad I went to sleep. Fed always plays his worst tennis against Nadal. I'll give him a shot against anybody else but never again against Rafa. He's going to pass Fed in 2015.

when i woke up i saw that match had ended and nadal won :pimp: but its still not over still have to win the finals

Hate to see Fed out

Knew nadal would win, Fed hasn't beaten him in a slam since 07'....:x :lol:

Last edited:
Didn't watch the whole match; however, once I saw Federer play I knew he wasn't fully confident in his strokes.

Just wasn't there today, didn't help with the fact that Nadal kicked it up a couple of notches as well.

Rooting for Stan even though I am a Rafa fan
embarassed.gif

Damn man. Fed got Straight setted? Vamos it is. Can Rafa tie Pete?

Also, just finished reading Pete's book and started Agassi's.

Pete's book is exactly what I thought it would be. A Pete Sampras book. I enjoyed it a lot. In fact thinking of keeping it in my tennis bag for superstition purposes lol.

Rafa just owns Fed. Nadal will go down as statistically the greatest ever imo

Just surprises me he isnt more of a global star. I know he's a superstar but hes not in the same level like a agassi, pete or probably even fed

Even coffee won't save me. Have a good day, bros.

First set tiebreaker was critical for Fed to win. For momentum, morale, belief. New coach, new racquet, same result.

Rinse, repeat for Domi/Li Na.

This could be #14 for Rafa if he gets past Stan and potentially #15 barring injury at Roland Garros to surpass Pete. Would leave him only two Slams behind Roger.

Not the result I wanted :x but I didnt think it was going to be a straight set :smh:

this recording will be erased :lol: glad i didnt stay up for it

Not the result I wanted :x but I didnt think it was going to be a straight set :smh:

this recording will be erased :lol: glad i didnt stay up for it
I thought/predicted 4 sets for sure. Especially the way Roger was dictating the beginning/first half of the first set. Needed that tiebreaker badly. Thought Fed would take it somehow and my feeling shifted to 5 sets.

The 1st was pretty tight and could have gone either way.  

Then the errors flooded in. 

Back
Top Bottom