The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

Yeah, I'm slightly biased about that... 
wink.gif

Yeah, I'm slightly biased about that... :wink:
You get the feeling this semi is going 5. Fed wins first set is my prediction. Hate to say Rafa has been a slow starter, but Grigor took the first set off Nadal and Nishikori pushed Rafa to a tiebreaker.

Haven't seen Roger's ball come off the racquet with such pace in all of 2013. Lost year.

The problem with Jo (and a lot of the other tops) is that he hasn't done much to improbe his game.  Nole, Muzz, Rafa, Fed have all improved over the course of their career. The greats find ways to get better.  

The problem with Jo (and a lot of the other tops) is that he hasn't done much to improbe his game.  Nole, Muzz, Rafa, Fed have all improved over the course of their career. The greats find ways to get better.  
Stan's elevation gives me hope for Jo, but I doubt Tsonga progresses enough to steal a Slam in this era. Berdych, Ferrer maxed out to me. Fognini tapped out, elite on clay. Raonic relies on his serve too heavily. Nishikori has no threatening weapon or aspect opponents are forced to respect. Dimitrov will be the one to breakthrough.

Stan has had a fantastic run, but not sure if he's improved a whole lot.

Jo still has time, but needs to get his ish together. 

Berd has been underachieving... could have won a lot more.

Fer has made the most of it.  Can't knock the Beast.   Shame for him he's playing in this era.

Why are we talking about Fog? 
laugh.gif

Milos isn't there.  Huge serve but groundies are decent, while returns are mediocre at best.

Kei will grind you and will occasionally give you a huge performance.  Not good enough to be top-tier unfortunately.

Grigor will be....... interesting. 

Last edited:
Stan has had a fantastic run, but not sure if he's improved a whole lot.

Jo still has time.

Berd has been underachieving... could have won a lot more.

Fer has made the most of it.  Can't knock the Beast.   Shame for him he's playing in this era.

Why are we talking about Fog? :lol:

Milos isn't there.  Huge serve but groundies are decent, while returns are mediocre at best.

Kei will grind you and will occasionally give you a huge performance.  Not good enough to be top-tier unfortunately.

Grigor will be....... interesting. 
Stan's form is undeniable since the 2013 US Open. Shotmaking I haven't seen from him before. Passing backhand shots down the line against Nole.

I'm patient but the Slam outlook is gloom for Jo.

I don't like Berdych's style or personality. He won't win a Slam either.

Ferrer never quits. His serve has gotten power. Elite returner, strong defense. Just not enough power. I fear Nishikori's absolute ceiling is David.

I slipped Fognini in there. I like his flair and playing style. Obviously not a top 10 player.

We'll see how badly Raonic wants it. The flaws are evident. It's up to him, his camp, and coaching to fix it. His breakthrough should have came against Gasquet.

You know, I thought Stan was older than 28.  Consistency will be key.   And his head, of course. 

He has taken it to a 5th before a few times (after Rafa took the 1st) so who knows.  

Last edited:
^ Polyester... soaked in sweat.  He's always been like that though. 

Rafael+Nadal+2014+Australian+Open+Day+6+GufCbVLBwFdx.jpg

Rafa's BH OMG.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom