The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

You Go Boy ~ I suggest you to stay well-clear of the tennis forums... I'm guessing it's blood-bath in there.  
mean.gif

It's one thing to support your guy, but to hope for injuries, take cheap shots, etc... it's all very distasteful and classless.  

Having said that, we see this in all the other sports as well as other aspects of life... oh well. 
eyes.gif

Rooted for The Stanimal, but not like this...not like this. As more of a Rafa fan, would have loved to see a competitive 5 setter.

Definitely Stan's time to finally win one so I'm glad he did!

checked my instagram this morning and didn't notice a post saying congrats to Nadal from Nike. Only the post prior the the start of the match by Nike. I got the feeling he didn't win but after reading the thread to get caught up, totally didn't expect it to happen this way :x

Just caught the replay and the Manislas in the first 2 sets. :smokin The gamesmanship after that though. :smh:

Last edited:
Yeah I'm a Rafa and Fedtard fan, but Stan the man was that dude. Thoroughly deserving the win going through higher ranked opponents. What's more impressive is his jump from 8 to 3 in a snap. I hope he's not a one slam wonder but at the pro level, one slam is an achievement !

Fed fans need to get comfortable real quick with the concept of Rafa overtaking ya boy, it's gonna happen 
laugh.gif

Congrats to Stan on his first career Slam victory as well as Wawrinka supporters. No sour grapes here.

Odd circumstances to say the least. Rafa's back injury, Stan's exchange with the chair umpire, fans turning on Nadal, third set rally from Rafa.

Irony is in the silver lining. My belief is Stan was exposed through victory. His first serve return can be exploited regularly, especially to his backhand. Strafing bullet forehands and one-handed backhands down the line won't bail him out in the future.

The crowd and even some NT'ers OD'ed with the Rafa slander. It was a legitimate injury. Not strategic gamesmanship or tactics from a sore loser. Rafa's serve dipped 20 MPH, he showed no movement or agility. He wasn't even moving to return Stan's first serves that painted the corners. Additionally Nadal made a living off his defense. The man never gives up on a single point. To call the injury fraudulent is idiotic. Rafa showed heart, championship qualities to not withdraw. He made it competitive for the fans winning the third set with no mobility.

Hope Nadal is ready for Roland Garros and the back doesn't become reoccurring for him or Muzz.

My boy Stan keeping the 1 handed backhand hope alive. He was on fire this tournament. Nadal, like the usual clown he is, gets injured when he's about to lose. He has the most convenient injuries.

Last edited:
My boy Stan keeping the 1 handed backhand hope alive. He was on fire this tournament. Nadal, like the usual clown he is, gets injured when he's about to lose. He has the most conventions injuries.
Clown? Convenient injuries?

Nobody in the history of tennis gives Slam points or titles away for free. Rafa only stayed on the court because he was too proud to retire.

Disclaimer: This takes nothing away from Stan. He controlled the first set and beginning of the second.

My boy Stan keeping the 1 handed backhand hope alive. He was on fire this tournament. Nadal, like the usual clown he is, gets injured when he's about to lose. He has the most conventions injuries.
Clown? Convenient injuries?

Nobody in the history of tennis gives Slam points or titles away for free. Rafa only stayed on the court because he was too proud to retire.

Disclaimer: This takes nothing away from Stan. He controlled the first set and beginning of the second.

Not because he was being booed and realized how pathetic this looks? We're never going to convince each other about our views on this. Might as well agree to disagree.

No need to. There's nothing to discuss on my end.
Over your head. The question was directed at your username (alias)/credibility. I don't know who you are and don't recognize you as a tennis thread regular.

You're right, wise to save your words. A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of a sheep.

Put on your tin foil hats people cause there are some interesting parallels that have been brought up between Nadal's loss and Federer's back in '09.

Kudos to those who first posted over on /r/tennis.

Spoilers:

Edit: Formatting and added spoiler tags.

Last edited:
No need to. There's nothing to discuss on my end.
Over your head. The question was directed at your username (alias)/credibility. I don't know who you are and don't recognize you as a tennis thread regular.

You're right, wise to save your words. A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of a sheep.

:lol: alright fam. My user name is an inside joke between my friends. You seem like you take your internet life very seriously Mr. Lion. I'll just stay on my sheep stuff. I didn't realize the more you post in the tennis thread the more qualified you are to speak on and the more wisdom you have on tennis. I'm not into clogging up threads with back and forth stuff though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom