The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

I think by protocol, they have her listed?  But why would she change all of a sudden? 

Anyway...

She said she has been studying and reading about Nelson Mandela and his story and his life is inspiring her to possibly reconsider.

sick.gif
i forgot all about indian wells next month. It'll be great to see a tourney in person
smokin.gif
Nice! You got tickets? Count me jealous. 

lightlotus lightlotus no but someone earlier mentioned they were going.

I looked into tix after I read his post. ticket prices aren't bad. I'm 7 hrs away if I drive.

But i would much rather fly those prices however :x

@LightLotus no but someone earlier mentioned they were going.

I looked into tix after I read his post. ticket prices aren't bad. I'm 7 hrs away if I drive.

But i would much rather fly those prices however
sick.gif
Gotcha, I wish I was nearby. Indian Wells is always a great tournament to watch.

I'm sadly in PA where there's nothing much going on tennis wise.

Although Andy Roddick, Agassi, and Steffi made their way to my school last year (for a WTT game) which was quite a surprise for me!

I hear ya. It's a far drive to Indian Wells for me. When I was going to school in southern Cali, I regret not making plans to go.

Ultimately, I would like to go to NY for the Open though.

How far are you from Flushing Meadows?

I hear ya. It's a far drive to Indian Wells for me. When I was going to school in southern Cali, I regret not making plans to go.

Ultimately, I would like to go to NY for the Open though.

How far are you from Flushing Meadows?
Oh man, same here. 

Especially want to see Fed or Nadal (more so for Federer) before they call it quits.

I'm about six and half hours away from the Open, but it seems like a relatively straightforward route.

I dug up some old pictures of what I mentioned earlier, it was an exhibition for charity (sorry for the phone quality).

Agreed. I want to see Fed play before he retires. I honestly believe it'll be within the next 2 years

Thanks for sharing those pics. Exhibition or not, they are still on a whole another level out there and do things that I could only dream of :lol:

sick.gif
i forgot all about indian wells next month. It'll be great to see a tourney in person
smokin.gif
Nice.  From what I've seen on the web, it looks like a pretty good tourney for the fans... huge tennis center, easily-accessible practice courts... and the players seem to love it there. 

Lotus ~ Awesome... I only got to see, my fave, Agassi after he retired... but at least it was against Pete.  

Nice.  From what I've seen on the web, it looks like a pretty good tourney for the fans... huge tennis center, easily-accessible practice courts... and the players seem to love it there. 

Lotus ~ Awesome... I only got to see, my fave, Agassi after he retired... but at least it was against Pete.  
Thanks man, yeah I vividly remember that this was almost right after Roddick declared retirement.

Everyone roared when Roddick came out since it was probably the first time he stepped on a court again.

Agassi, Steffi and Navratilova were nice enough to participate since the proceeds went to the Elton John AIDS Foundation. 

That's pretty sweet, haven't seen any of the greats play a competitive match yet, where did you see that?

Andre & Pete played an exo in Macau in 2011.

Damn security guard wouldn't let me bring my camera into the arena though. 
mad.gif

12271832945_c8c6658f27_o.jpg

Anyway, also got to see Edberg, Kafelnikov, Woz, Zvonareva, Kirilenko & Rezai in an exo here in HK in 2011. 

Glad I was able to bring my DSLR to that one though! 

As well as Courier, Chang & Pete back in the early 90's when we still had an ATP tournament. 
tired.gif

Last edited:

Andre & Pete played an exo in Macau in 2011.

Damn security guard wouldn't let me bring my camera into the arena though. 
mad.gif

Anyway, also got to see Edberg, Kafelnikov, Woz, Zvonareva, Kirilenko & Rezai in an exo here in HK in 2011. 

Glad I was able to bring my DSLR to that one though! 

As well as Courier, Chang & Pete back in the early 90's when we still had an ATP tournament. 
tired.gif

That's pretty sweet and wow that's a bummer...were they really that concerned with flash?

Beautiful quality.

Wish I got to see Chang, too young.

They said that technically we weren't allowed to bring any photography equipment in, but everyone had their iPhones and pocket cameras.  
eyes.gif

Anyway, at least this was much more successful... it's still is a beautiful service-motion...

12290688643_c0e1536e23_b.jpg

All these pictures are making me went to go to a tourney. It maybe too late for me to plan to go to this year's Indian Wells tourney and the US open may be out of the question because of other trips I have planned.

I just may make a weekend trip for the Bank of the West Classic this summer since its only two hours from me. :smokin

However, thats just a WTA event. 8) which i dont mind :evil: :wink: but I would like to see a Mens draw as well :wow:

No, he's always used an eastern FH... it probably twisted after contact.  Best to look at before-contact photos. 

EDIT ~ Here...

Roger+Federer+Australian+Open+Day+12+SzHtnuXrtBvx.jpg

Last edited:
lol if I had my choice I'd prefer to go watch an ATP event over WTA. Just like Men's basketball over Womens but the fact there are women on the WTA that are good looking I dont mind at all :D :tongue:

I'll just have my spectator's sunglasses on 8)

Well, at least his back is better??? 

Anyway, some randomness to keep this rollin' till Indian Wells... 

Would love to watch Bahrami live...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom