The Official The-Dream "Love King" Album Discussion Thread

Hit my inbox if you want the goods.
R&B/Pop AOTY. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

EDIT: I can't believe I doubted my dude going strictly off of all the singles and remixes...
alien.gif

indifferent.gif

tired.gif

smh.gif

laugh.gif

who the hell had the nerve to say this @@!% is wack?

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

ABSOLUTELY @%@+# ON THE LAST ALBUM

OK, there's Fancy and a 'Ye feature on the last one...but
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
at this album

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

The
regular version is straight.

[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]
I was expecting more to be honest.[/color]

You were expecting more than a 17 track LP? I really don't know what to tell some of you dudes.
laugh.gif
Actually, it's a 12 track. And yes I was expecting more. It seems like he put out the album because he can. It feels rushed. Where the @$+# are the horns and the production that was so reminiscent on L/H and LvM?

I do like Florida University though.

Again, I'm basing my opinion off of the regular version, not the deluxe.

I like February Love...and like 2-3 other joints. The rest is meh.

Also...he's beating that "this song is different, but it sounds like the last one" theme into the ground now.

balloonoboy wrote:

balloonoboy wrote:
The

You were expecting more than a 17 track LP? I really don't know what to tell some of you dudes.
laugh.gif

Actually, it's a 12 track. And yes I was expecting more. It seems like he put out the album because he can. It feels rushed. Where the @$+# are the horns and the production that was so reminiscent on L/H and LvM?

Come back when you've listened to all 17 tracks.

Aside from being one of the more cheesy tracks on the album, "Florida University" should be renamed Fordham University, seeing as it is The University of Florida & it actually sounds like Terius is saying Fordham.

smile.gif

as a 12 track album, it fits perfectly in the trilogy. I'm not ready to say better than either of the other 2 but there are definitely moments on first listen that stack up. I'll take Abyss through February Love all day.

However, February Love doesn't really hold a candle to Fancy, and as a 17 track album this thing DRAGS like hell. There's only so much 4:30-6:00 minute songs I can take, and nothing really special is offered in that last bunch.

12 track: 8/10, Deluxe: 7/10
instant favs are Yamaha and Turnt Out
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TheGrimm

balloonoboy wrote:

balloonoboy wrote:
The

laugh.gif

Dying.

::

Trying my best not to flood this thread with every single lil opinion and comment I have
so I'll start off small:

"F-U F-U F-U F-U"

It has begun.

::

Love-Hate* > Love-King** > Love-Money

Turnt Out & and February Love =
eek.gif

And I'm out.

P.S. The-Dream and his team are simply amazing. Los...you're a fool.

* Classic. disputable
** Classic with time, potential

Originally Posted by JR Paperstacks

Oh, my. I've never listed to one of his albums before. This is crazy.
eek.gif
You are MISSING OUT!! Go back and listen to Love/Hate and Love vs Money. You will NOT be disappointed ...

Originally Posted by TheGrimm

balloonoboy wrote:

balloonoboy wrote:
The

laugh.gif

Dying.

Hmmm....let me see.

Amazon has the 12 track album for sale. The 12 track album is the one that will be considered for any awards. So it's the one I'm judging.

You can die all ya want. F U!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Im Not You

I like February Love...and like 2-3 other joints. The rest is meh.

Also...he's beating that "this song is different, but it sounds like the last one" theme into the ground now.

Yea that dude has shown ZERO growth and I thought he would. The music is not that hot to take the "If it ain't broke don't fix it". The album knocks though but the same problem I had with Drake's album is that you hear one song on the album and you've heard the majority of it. Very repetitive album. Its definitely better than his last album though.

Back
Top Bottom