||| - The Official Wiz Khalifa Thread [Cabin Fever Out Now] // Rolling Papers out March 29th - |||

If you rocked with Kush & OJ then Rolling Papers really isn't all that different. Just a little more singing, some filler, and on average the songs aren't quite as good.

Wake Up, The Race, Cameras, Rooftops, and a couple others made it to the rotation.

Tracks like Mesmerized, In the Cut, Never Been, Still Blazin, Glass House and Pedal To The Metal, allowed K&OJ to hold me down for a year, I don't see that happening with Rolling Papers but I'm sure he's got other #@%$ lined up for 2011.

At least you always know what you're gonna get with Wiz, a small handful of songs that you can play the #@%$ out of. Been that way since he stopped rapping and started making songs. I give it a 3/5, K&OJ was a solid 4 to me.

Son looked like the Grim Reaper with a tan in that huge black tee
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by YoUNg bR3aD

Just copped some tickets for the concert in Bmore 4/28....

Anyone know how the pier six concert pavilion is???

Never been there...

I wonder how tight security is gonna be on
pimp.gif
nerd.gif
???
where did you get your tickets from? i was thinking about going although i just saw youngin a few months ago
embarassed.gif

Copped Rolling Papers yesterday, finally listened to it today, and I have say its pretty dope IMO

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

If you rocked with Kush & OJ then Rolling Papers really isn't all that different. Just a little more singing, some filler, and on average the songs aren't quite as good.

Wake Up, The Race, Cameras, Rooftops, and a couple others made it to the rotation.

Tracks like Mesmerized, In the Cut, Never Been, Still Blazin, Glass House and Pedal To The Metal, allowed K&OJ to hold me down for a year, I don't see that happening with Rolling Papers but I'm sure he's got other #@%$ lined up for 2011.

At least you always know what you're gonna get with Wiz, a small handful of songs that you can play the #@%$ out of. Been that way since he stopped rapping and started making songs. I give it a 3/5, K&OJ was a solid 4 to me.

Complete Blasphemy
Kush & Orange Juice is 2 million times better than this !*%@. 

Question, Why was he tearing up crying about his "1st album" release? He released 2 before...

Like, I know why he would say it but just can't word it. Basically he's saying that this album is THE one...?

I like a handful of the songs. Considering how much piff he's given away for free, giving up $12 for it is completely fair IMO.

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

I like a handful of the songs. Considering how much piff he's given away for free, giving up $12 for it is completely fair IMO.

Had this been one of those other releases, I'd agree, but seeing as how I don't pay for garbage and/or songs I've heard the past few months, I don't.

copped this album yesterday and I got to say this $#$% sucks!
jamming to kush & oj as I type..
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Complete Blasphemy
No, what you said is blasphemy.

Kush and OJ is better project than Rolling Papers but it's pretty much the same sound just not as good.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Complete Blasphemy
No, what you said is blasphemy.

Kush and OJ is better project than Rolling Papers but it's pretty much the same sound just not as good.
No.

K&OJ is not the same sound as RP. You may be able to hand pick a few songs but that's where it stops. Total package RP is way more repetitive than K&OJ.

This fool Wiz said RP was K&OJ but more grown up. That's a lie. I just don't get it, I feel homey would've been straight if he just kept going from where he left off with K&OJ or just had 3 or 4 pop/hit singles and the rest of the album cuts be a mix of Cabin Fever, K&OJ, and How Fly Wiz.

I'll take the L. Only listened to it all the way through a couple times and had really just been listening to my handpicked songs. Still rockin with The Race daily though.

I agree with you about RP being repetitive especially when K&OJ was the complete opposite.

Originally Posted by Caerus

Question, Why was he tearing up crying about his "1st album" release? He released 2 before...

It's a big deal that he "made it". First major label album and he's big right now. Gonna do around 200K for his first week sales and "Black and Yellow" is at double platinum. I was at Best Buy and I was happy for him. Been playing him ever since I heard "Say Yeah" and to see him finally get recognized is dope. 

with the let down of RP

im starting to see more Wiz fans lean towards Spitta and the Jets crew, KRIT, & Mac Miller

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

Originally Posted by Caerus

It's a big deal that he "made it". First major label album and he's big right now. Gonna do around 200K for his first week sales and "Black and Yellow" is at double platinum. I was at Best Buy and I was happy for him. Been playing him ever since I heard "Say Yeah" and to see him finally get recognized is dope. 

^ that... basically his success finally set in...

Back
Top Bottom