The OG Power Rangers.. Where are they now?

Good find iYen. Never knew that it was before power rangers or that he cleared up the rumor. Learned something new and humbled me up

^ blake foster was my dude in power rangers turbo movie.....come to think about it the acting was horrible with the power rangers
you foolay, the acting was perfect (srs)

man, kids really dont be thinkin at all

wtf is a zord? like who thought of that word?

I can see the red ranger eating ice-cream and twinkies, watching the current Rangers, yelling at the screen on some, " that was me wit the spinnin heal kiks and whippin the mega zord. These clowns think they doin it. Thats not how you yell when you punch. 'Saint Ey YahHHH', like that, you dumb ***********.

Haven't laughed out loud on a NT post in a min. Thank you. :lol:

I can see the red ranger eating ice-cream and twinkies, watching the current Rangers, yelling at the screen on some, " that was me wit the spinnin heal kiks and whippin the mega zord. These clowns think they doin it. Thats not how you yell when you punch. 'Saint Ey YahHHH', like that, you dumb ***********.
hahahahhahaha :lol:

Dang RIP to the Yellow Ranger. Had no idea... 
mean.gif
 Pink Rangers be doing some sex scenes in movies and TV shows doe.. 
nthat.gif
 First crush ever

so power rangers wasnt debuted in America first?

most to Japan because they get all the cool stuff first

Our OG Power Rangers is Japan's 17th iteration Lol
man, i have really been ****** up on my typing lately, i definitely meant "moves"

and i feel so whack, i remember when i was heavy into beyblades and one of my friends who was in a league told me pretty much all anime is actually old, didnt kill my fun, but kinda made me feel like i had been missing out on a lot of stuff

so what was the real original power rangers? did they have dinosaurs?

man, i have really been ****** up on my typing lately, i definitely meant "moves"

and i feel so whack, i remember when i was heavy into beyblades and one of my friends who was in a league told me pretty much all anime is actually old, didnt kill my fun, but kinda made me feel like i had been missing out on a lot of stuff

The triple OG power rangers was called Super Sentai Rangers which debuted in 1975.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Sentai

Here's a pic of almost every red power ranger costume.

Super_Sentai_29_Red_Rangers_by_RJTH.jpg

open the link in a new tab to enlarge the pic

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs15/f/2007/061/6/6/Super_Sentai_29_Red_Rangers_by_RJTH.jpg

Also, supposedly every pr series has scenes from the OG japanese series is put into the american version.

IDK why, but it probably saves them money since they don't have to reshoot fight scenes.

They usually use the japanese scenes of the monsters or when the rangers are in full gear and then they dub the english voices into the scenes. 

IDK how frequently they do this, but as a kid I didn't notice. 

edit:
In 1993, Haim Saban  produced the first installment of the Power Rangers  franchise by dubbing the action sequences from 1992's Kyōryū Sentai Zyuranger  and filming new footage with American actors for the story sequences. This trend has continued, with each successive Super Sentai Show contributing the action sequences to the Power Rangers  series the following year.[sup][11][/sup]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Sentai#United_States

Last edited:
Cool thread...I'd definitely would like to see a remake of the MMPR, with a more serious tone? Idk...

Haim Saban is one of the richest dudes ever, according to forbes.

Given that, I highly doubt that he cares about making pr geared towards adults.

The triple OG power rangers was called Super Sentai Rangers which debuted in 1975.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Sentai

Here's a pic of almost every red power ranger costume.
Super_Sentai_29_Red_Rangers_by_RJTH.jpg

open the link in a new tab to enlarge the pic
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs15/f/2007/061/6/6/Super_Sentai_29_Red_Rangers_by_RJTH.jpg

Also, supposedly every pr series has scenes from the OG japanese series is put into the american version.
IDK why, but it probably saves them money since they don't have to reshoot fight scenes.

They usually use the japanese scenes of the monsters or when the rangers are in full gear and then they dub the english voices into the scenes. 
IDK how frequently they do this, but as a kid I didn't notice. 

edit:

In 1993, 
Haim Saban
 produced the first installment of the 
Power Rangers
 franchise by dubbing the action sequences from 1992's 
Kyōryū Sentai Zyuranger
 and filming new footage with American actors for the story sequences. This trend has continued, with each successive Super Sentai Show contributing the action sequences to the 
Power Rangers
 series the following year.
[sup][11]
[/sup]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Sentai#United_States
ive actually heard of that before, but thanks a ton for all the info

Such an awesome show. I still remember the following:

1. Tommy beating the crap out of the rangers as the green ranger;
2. Green vs White ranger fight
3. Everything related to Kim and Aisha. Who fights putties in dresses? Lol
4. When Kim lost her powers
5. When Kim broke up with Tommy via letter LOL
6. Goldar and Rito blowing up the command center and the hype/build up to power rangers Zeo over the summer.
7. Me thinking the gold ranger would be Tommy's brother
8. The hype around Jason as the gold ranger
9. Forever Red

ran into the black ranger 2 years ago at Big Wangs North Hollywood.. dude was mad chill.  dude was gettin hammered!

Such an awesome show. I still remember the following:

1. Tommy beating the crap out of the rangers as the green ranger;
2. Green vs White ranger fight
3. Everything related to Kim and Aisha. Who fights putties in dresses? Lol
4. When Kim lost her powers
5. When Kim broke up with Tommy via letter LOL
6. Goldar and Rito blowing up the command center and the hype/build up to power rangers Zeo over the summer.
7. Me thinking the gold ranger would be Tommy's brother
8. The hype around Jason as the gold ranger
9. Forever Red
the only thing i remember is Tommy being evil
then the green rangers shoulder pads being passed around
i was thoroughly let down by the gold ranger actually being the black ranger with gold stuff on

shortly after power rangers i moved on to big bad beetle borgs, i could relate better to kids having sweet armor that enhanced their strength and stuff

Back
Top Bottom